AeroShell Oil W100 Plus and W80 Plus
Superior rust and corrosion protection giving that extra protection to engine parts that may be susceptible to extreme rusting when an aircraft is not in use.
AeroShell Oil W100 Plus and W 80 Plus - The Premium Single Grade Aviation Oils.
Single Grade Ashless Dispersant Engine Oils:
AeroShell Oil W100 Plus and W 80 Plus are new single grade oils that combine proven AeroShell ashless dispersant technology with advanced antiwear additives. They are the oils for pilots who want a single grade that delivers extra protection and performance. AeroShell Oil W 100 Plus and W 80 Plus brings together the best qualities of two of the world's best-selling four cycle aviation oils.
They have the single grade, ashless dispersant performance found in AeroShell W 100 and W 80 and the anti-wear/anti-corrosion additives of AeroShell Oil W 15W50 Multigrade. Their single grade heritage means outstanding resistance to heat, especially in the summer months. Their ashless dispersant formulation helps reduce deposits of harmful metallic ash in combustion chambers. And their advanced additives work against rust, corrosion and wear in a way no other single grade does. There are simply no better single grade aviation oils.
Summary of Benefits:
- Superior rust and corrosion protection giving that extra protection to engine parts that may be susceptible to extreme rusting when an aircraft is not in use (for prolonged periods of non-use please use AeroShell Fluid 2F).
- Improved anti-wear characteristics particularly at engine start-up and eliminates the need for supplemental additives required by certain Lycoming engines. AeroShell Oil W100 Plus and W80 Plus already contain the Lycoming additive LW 16702 in the correct proportions and meets Lycoming requirements as well as the US Federal Aviation Authority Airworthiness directive 80-04-03.
- Promotes Engine Cleanness. The non-ash forming, polymeric additive was developed to help eliminate the harmful combustion chamber and spark plug deposits that form during normal operation.
- High Viscosity Index Base Oils used in AeroShell W oils maintain their viscosity and help protect engine components more effectively under the high shear stresses that an engine places on lubricants.
- Provides Compatibility with other approved aircraft piston engine oils. Mixing with other products, however will result in some loss of the superior performance features of AeroShell Oil W100 Plus and W80 Plus.
Specifications and Approvals:
- Lycoming Service Bulletin 446C and 471, plus Service Instruction 1409A
- SAE J 1899
- Continental recommended
- FAA Airworthiness Directive 80-04-03
AeroShell Oil W100 Plus and W80 Plus are the only single grade oils blended with this antiwear additive technology. That means that owners of Lycoming model engines, specified in the applicable service bulletin, don't have to add any supplemental additives to the oil.
AeroShell Oil W100 Plus and W80 Plus can be used in any certified engine, this includes: Lycoming; Continental; Pratt & Whitney radial and most radical, opposed or in-line engines.
AeroShell Oill W100 Plus and W80 Plus are not recommended for use in helicopter with a common sump for the engine and transmission. The anti-wear additives makes the oil more slippery than regular single grades. This can cause the transmission to slip. The product is not recommended for the breaking in of a new engine for the same reason.
Health and Safety
AeroShell W100 Plus and W80 Plus are unlikely to present any significant health or safety hazard when properly used in the recommended application, and good standards of industrial and personal hygiene are maintained.
For further guidance on Product Health & Safety refer to the appropriate Safety Data Sheet here.