Health, safety and the environment
As a global Shell business, we have in place stringent Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) standards.
Our commitment to HSE
In Shell Commercial Fuels we are all committed to:
- pursue the goal of no harm to people
- protect the environment
- use material and energy efficiently to provide our products and services
- develop energy resources, products and services consistent with these aims
- share openly information on our HSE performance
- play a leading role in promoting best practice in our industry
- manage HSE matters as any other critical business activity
- promote a culture in which all Shell Commercial Fuels employees share this commitment.
- In this way we aim to have an HSE performance we can be proud of, to earn the confidence of customers, shareholders and society at large, to be a good neighbour and to contribute to sustainable development.
Our HSE Policy
To this end, Shell Commercial Fuels:
- has a systematic approach to HSE management, designed to ensure compliance with the law and to achieve continuous performance improvement
- sets targets for improvement and measures, appraises and reports performance
- requires contractors to manage HSE in line with this policy
- requires joint ventures under its operational control to apply this policy and uses its influence to promote it in its other ventures
- includes HSE performance in the appraisal of staff and rewards accordingly.
More in Commercial fuels
Can fuel make a real difference to a fleet’s efficiency and profitability? We believe so.
Shell Commercial Fuels provides transport, industrial and heating fuels. Our range of products, from reliable main-grade fuels to premium products to customers in many industries including transport, mining, manufacturing, power generation, marine and home energy.