The agreement will see Shell Aviation and SkyNRG work together to develop long-term opportunities for low carbon solutions. These efforts are structurally supported by committed funding to a joint business development fund.
“We want Shell to be a leader in the low carbon transition in aviation fuels,” said Anne Anderson, Vice-President Shell Aviation. “Today’s agreement with industry pioneers SkyNRG demonstrates the type of progressive collaboration which can help us move us towards a lower carbon emissions future. Working together, we believe we can advance sustainable solutions for the benefit of our entire industry.”
The agreement is a multi-year collaboration, with both companies acknowledging that the path to lower carbon emissions in aviation requires long-term commitment. The collaboration will focus on the joint development and funding of new opportunities to extend the use of and build more resilient supply chains for sustainable aviation fuels. This will be coupled with the development of a range of comprehensive carbon management options that will provide support to Shell Aviation and SkyNRG customers.
Maarten van Dijk, CEO SkyNRG, added: “In addition to bringing together the right mix of technical expertise and operational excellence, it’s the shared ambitions of SkyNRG and Shell Aviation to develop this new industry that make this collaboration an obvious one. Shell Aviation’s long-term commitment to develop this new market sends a strong signal that the involvement from all players across the industry is critical to delivering the sustainable solutions that are vital for the future of aviation.”
About Shell Aviation
- Shell Aviation is a leading global supplier of aviation fuels and lubricants. It supplies fuel at around 850 airports in 32 countries, refuelling an aircraft every 14 seconds on average.
- Shell Aviation provides a diverse range of world-class fuels, lubricants and services to all aircraft types. This includes jet fuel and avgas for turbine engine and piston engine aircraft operators respectively, as well as its AeroShell® range of engine oils, fluids and greases.
- Further information can be found on Shell Aviation
Dan Swallow, Hill+Knowlton Strategies
T: +44 207 413 3773
- SkyNRG is the global market leader for sustainable aviation fuel (SAF), having supplied over 25 airlines on all continents. SkyNRG sources, blends and distributes SAF, guarantees sustainability throughout the supply chain and helps to co-fund any price premium versus conventional jet fuel.
- At the same time, SkyNRG focuses on developing regional supply chains that offer a real sustainable and affordable alternative to fossil fuels.
- SkyNRG has its operations RSB certified and is structurally advised by an independent Sustainability Board in which WWF International, European Climate Foundation, Solidaridad Network and the University of Groningen hold a seat. www.skynrg.com