Main content | back to top
IDEAS PEOPLE WANTED
A career with Shell is more than just a day job. It's an opportunity to join a company who tackle real world problems. Joining Shell means getting more out of your working life than you thought possible.
At Shell Shipping, we are proud to have such diversity within our fleet personnel. The greater the variety of perspectives we have on board, the greater the ideas we can develop. Now we need more people who can apply fresh thinking to the energy challenge.
The Captain on the bridge of the tanker Tanea
We value the calibre of our personnel and are committed to recognising and developing the marine expertise of our teams in positions at sea and ashore.
Excellent opportunities exist for continued career progression. As an officer you will benefit from a well established training scheme as well as the opportunity to develop experience working on our growing fleet of oil and LNG ships. Ashore, there are numerous management and operational positions around the world which will develop and enhance your marine expertise.
Our belief is that success is your own making, so prove to us that you have the drive and motivation to make a difference.
What we offer
- A highly competitive salary
- Career opportunities ashore
- Air travel assistance for partners
- 28 days’ leave earned per month at Senior Officer level
- Airport priority-pass lounge access at Senior Officer level
Every day we transport massive quantities of crude oil, refined products and liquefied natural gas around the world by sea. And we rely on the skill and dedication of a diverse team of people to make it happen.
Right now we’re looking for more people with the talent and ambition to help us meet the energy challenge. For you it’s a chance to build a rewarding career, by gaining practical experience whilst you work towards an academic qualification.
What we offer
- Fully sponsored Foundation Degree in Nautical Sciences
or Marine Engineering within the UK
- Salary paid whilst training within the UK
- Worldwide travel
- Hands-on experience onboard our fleet of oil tankers and gas carrier while studying
- Excellent career prospects at sea and in shore-based management