Ideas People Wanted
At Shell Shipping & Maritime, we are proud to have such diversity within our fleet personnel. The greater the variety of perspectives we have on board, the greater the ideas we can develop. Now we need more people who can apply fresh thinking to the energy challenge.
Every day we transport massive quantities of refined products and liquefied natural gas around the world by sea. We rely on the skill and dedication of a diverse team of people to make it happen.
Right now we’re looking for more people with the talent and ambition to help us meet the energy challenge. For you it’s a chance to build a rewarding career, by gaining practical experience whilst you work towards an academic qualification.
- Fully sponsored Foundation Degree in Nautical Sciences or Marine Engineering within the UK and ROI
- Competitive allowance during sea phases
- Worldwide travel
- Hands-on experience onboard our fleet of oil tankers and gas carrier while studying
- Excellent career prospects at sea and in shore-based management
- Dedicated team to support you throughout
- Commitment to your safety as an upmost priority
Health & Eyesight
All candidates must be of good health and be able to pass the Maritime and Coastguard Agency Medical Examination (ENG 1) or equivalent.
Prospective Deck/Engineer Cadets must obtain an approved Seafarers medical and eye sight test certificate, which states that they have an acceptable level of eyesight and do not suffer from colour blindness. Those taking the test will be allowed to use the aids to vision which they normally use, but will be expected to meet the set standards. The Seafarer medical will be arranged by the company following successful interview.
Student & Graduate Minimum Entry Requirements
As an A-level, equivalent, or graduate candidate, you must have studied either Maths or Physics (or a subject with a high Maths content) to A level standards and obtained a pass in at least one. You must achieve at least 120 UCAS points to be eligible for enrolment on the Foundation Degree scheme.
We value the calibre of our personnel and are committed to recognising and developing the marine expertise of our teams in positions at sea and ashore.
Excellent opportunities exist for continued career progression. As an officer you will benefit from a well-established training scheme as well as the opportunity to develop experience working on our growing fleet. Ashore, there are numerous management and operational positions around the world which will develop and enhance your marine expertise.
Our belief is that success is your own making, so prove to us that you have the drive and motivation to make a difference.
Joining the Fleet as an Experienced Officer
What we offer
- A highly competitive salary
- Career opportunities ashore
- 28 days’ leave earned per month at Senior Officer level
- Valid STCW 2010 Certificate of Competency
- Dangerous Cargo Endorsement an advantage
- Tanker Familiarisation Certificate
- Valid Seafarers Medical Certificate
- Relevant seagoing chemical or gas tanker experience essential.
- Ex-employees welcome to re-apply.
How to Apply
For candidates holding a Certificate of Competency who wish to apply for position through Shell Ship Management Limited will need to forward an updated CV to email@example.com
To apply for a cadetship please forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org