Our commitment and policy reflects the integrated way we work across Shell in the areas of health, security, safety, the environment (HSSE) and social performance (SP). All Shell companies, contractors and joint ventures under our operational control must manage HSSE and SP in line with the commitment and policy.
In Shell we are all committed to:
- Pursue the goal of no harm to people;
- Protect the environment;
- Use material and energy efficiently to provide our products and services;
- Respect our neighbours and contribute to the societies in which we operate;
- Develop energy resources, products and services consistent with these aims;
- Publicly report on our performance;
- Play a leading role in promoting best practice in our industries;
- Manage HSSE & SP matters as any other critical business activity; and
- Promote a culture in which all Shell employees share this commitment.
In this way we aim to have an HSSE & SP performance we can be proud of, to earn the confidence of customers, shareholders and society, to be a good neighbour and to contribute to sustainable development.