Important updates on the Shell Eco-marathon 2020 Programme
As the global impacts of COVID-19 continue to evolve, the safety and health of our Shell Eco-marathon participants and organising teams remains our top priority. We have been monitoring developments closely to determine the safest and most pragmatic approach to our 2020 Shell Eco-marathon global programme. We have actively considered ways in which we can honour the work students have completed over the year, as well as the potential of virtual participation through digital means.
Below you will find the very latest updates and information and we will continue to keep these pages updated over the coming days and weeks. It is important that you continue to check back here, as well as check your email and the dedicated private Facebook group for your region for all information on how to participate in 2020.
Latest Updates on the 2020 Shell Eco-marathon Programme:
After monitoring the situation in all respective regions, we have taken the decision to cancel all physical events in 2020. The decision to cancel these events was not made lightly and many risks, outcomes and impacts were carefully assessed and considered. Ultimately, given the current environment, we could not effectively manage the safety and health of participants and therefore had no choice but to take this action.
While we may not be able to physically gather around the track in 2020, we have been developing opportunities to recognise the hard work put in by teams this year, as well as options to collaborate and learn. Below is an overview of the programme in 2020, please click on your respective region below to find out more information for programme details specific to your region.
Click here to find out more about the Shell Eco-marathon Americas 2020 Programme
Click here to find out more about the Shell Eco-marathon Hungary 2020 Programme
Click here to find out more about the Shell Eco-marathon South Africa 2020 Programme
important update on 2020 Shell Eco-marathon programme - faqs
1. Are cancelled Shell Eco-marathon events being rescheduled?
2. Where can I learn more information?
3. Will Shell Eco-marathon teams be reimbursed for the expenses they’ve incurred to date, such as travel that was booked prior to event cancellation announcements?
4. Can teams compete in alternative Shell Eco-marathon events?
5. What if I have already shipped equipment?
6. Will I still be able to enter an off-track award?
7. Will I still receive a certificate?
8. Is prize money still being awarded?
9. What will happen with 2021 selection as it’s based on quality of previous results?
10. What is happening with the Autonomous Category in 2020?