Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2019 runs under two sets of rules: Shell Eco-marathon Global Rules 2019, Chapter I and Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2019 Rules, Chapter II:
- The Shell Eco-marathon Global Rules 2019, Chapter I contain all technical rules and specifications for teams to build their vehicle. It also includes information about the On-track and Off-track Awards.
- The Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2019 Rules, Chapter II contain details about safety, competition and the schedule of events. This document is specific to Shell Eco-marathon Asia. It will be available in due course.
Teams must also refer to the Shell Eco-marathon Asia 2019 Participant Handbook for specific details on logistics for the event, such as accommodation, shipping, food and parking.
The registration process for Shell Eco-marathon Asia is as follows:
- Phase 1: Vehicle Specifications
- Phase 2: Technical information
- Phase 3a: Logistics
- Phase 3b: Off-track Award applications
Phase 1 and 2 are selection phases i.e. not every team that registers will be accepted. Phase 3a is mandatory but not a selection phase, and Phase 3b is optional.
Teams interested in participating in Shell Eco-marathon Asia should be aware of the following information:
- A team must consist of a maximum of 10 team members including the team manager. There should be a maximum of one faculty advisor.
- Participants must be enrolled in a school or institution at the time of the event.
- The team manager should be able to speak and understand English as he/she will be coordinating with the organisers throughout the event.
- Each team is responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with participating in the event i.e. travel from home country to the event and back, building and freighting cost for vehicle, hotel/accommodation, etc.
Teams must register on the Shell Eco-marathon registration website.