Shell Eco-marathon Americas runs under two sets of rules: Shell Eco-marathon Global Rules 2018, Chapter I and Shell Eco-marathon Americas 2018 Rules, Chapter II:
- The Shell Eco-marathon Global Rules 2018, Chapter I contain all technical rules and specifications for teams to build their vehicle. It also includes information about the On-track and Off-track Awards.
- The Shell Eco-marathon Americas 2018 Rules, Chapter II contain details about safety, competition and the schedule of events. This document is specific to Shell Eco-marathon Americas.
Remember to read the rules carefully before applying for the competition!
Teams must also refer to the Shell Eco-marathon Americas 2018 Participant Handbook for specific details on logistics for the event, such as accommodation, shipping, food and parking.
The registration process for Shell Eco-marathon Americas consists of 3 different phases:
- Phase 1: Team interest and information
- Phase 2: Technical information
- Phase 3: Logistics and Off-track Award applications
Teams interested in participating in Shell Eco-marathon Americas should be aware of the following information:
- A team must consist of a maximum of 20 team members, including the team manager, faculty advisor and chaperones.
- Participants must be enrolled in a school or institution at the time of the event.
- The team manager should be able to speak and understand English as he/she will be coordinating with the organisers throughout the event.
- Each team is responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with participating in the event i.e. travel from home country to the venue and back, building and freighting cost for vehicle, hotel/accommodation, etc.
Teams must register on the Shell Eco-marathon registration website.
Agility Fairs and Events are the official freight-forwarding partner for all Shell Eco-marathon competitions globally. Before arranging freight for your vehicle, you must contact Agility directly at SEMUstudents@agility.com.
If your team is shipping your vehicle and equipment to Sonoma, it is mandatory to read and understand the Dangerous Goods Shipping Guidelines below. Read these instructions very carefully and contact Agility if you need more information.
If shipping by commercial freight, all teams not using a Dangerous Goods Packer must complete the Shell Eco-marathon Dangerous Goods Declaration document which is available below. This document must be submitted to Shell at email@example.com prior to shipping to the event.