When Christina Gao joined the Shell Graduate Programme 7 years ago, she was empowered and encouraged to reach her full potential. These are 5 career tips inspired by Christina’s amazing journey from intern to Shell’s Global Product Manager for Digital Businesses.
5 Tips to Achieve your #CareerGoals
1. GO BEYOND THE ORDINARY. Shell is a company that thinks outside the box. Even how they recruited Christina was unusual. They sent an email with Albert Einstein’s iconic photo of him sticking his tongue out with a simple message, “Great minds DO NOT think alike”. From that day, Christina knew she needed to always be innovative and forward-thinking at Shell.
2. BE LOUD, BE PROUD. Even as an intern, Christina presented her own insights and recommendations at a major Regional Sales Conference in Penang, Malaysia. At Shell, everyone’s voice is heard so when there’s an opportunity to speak up, take it and make it count!
3. SPARK THE CHANGE. One of Christina’s first proposals as a business analyst made it to the Philippines’ Country Chairperson. It was presented to the Department of Energy to address the government’s concerns over air pollution and gas reserve issues in Manila. From that day onwards, she committed to being a part of making people’s lives better.
4. WRITE YOUR OWN STORY. When Christina was given the chance to be the youngest and only female project manager in another country team, she took it on without thinking twice. It culminated in her being the youngest and only female keynote speaker at the 5th China Energy and Logistics Conference.
5. INSPIRE GREATNESS. Having to build a digital business for Shell from the ground up isn’t easy. But Christina used all her skills to help her team develop and launch a suite of digital products to solve gaps in logistics systems and help with the worsening traffic conditions in Asia’s developing cities in just 6 months.
Discover the impact you can make at Shell. Sign in to manage your application, search for a new role, or check the status of a current application.
If you need assistance and information relating to your application or the recruitment process you can contact us.
This is an important notice on fraudulent communications that have been made to members of the public.
Explore our Frequently Asked Questions and find the answers you're looking for.