Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”), govern entry to the #makethefuture gender balanced storytelling series (“the Series”).
“Operator” means VaynerMedia Limited registered in the United Kingdom with company number 09002992;
“Shell/The Promoter” means Shell International Limited, registered in the United Kingdom with company number (3075807) with registered address at Shell Centre, London, SE1 7NA;
“Website” means www.shell.com as well as its various webpages and microsites.
- Shell is committed to helping to enthuse, empower and equip future generations with the skills that will help them succeed in a changing world;
- In doing so, Shell seeks to encourage individuals to help close the gender gap in engineering, STEM and the wider world;
- As part of this ongoing initiative, Shell would like to tell stories about real people, men and women, who are working to close this gender gap. To do so, Shell will run a series of videos to highlight these people and their stories.
How the series works
- Interested applicants will be able to apply via the Website and/or via social media platforms on which the Series will be advertised;
- The Website and social media platforms will contain an application form in terms of which interested individuals (the “Applicant”) will have the option to apply to have their stories feature in the Series;
- The application form will require the following:
- a summary of the project in which they are involved in and which seeks to help close the gender gap;
- Personal details including full names, age, and preferred means of communication, including contact details related thereto.
- Once a submission is received by Shell, it will be assessed by Shell and the Operator whereafter a decision will be made as to whether or not the submission will be shortlisted to shell.com feature as part of the Series;
- If shortlisted, the Operator will conduct interviews with the relevant Applicant;
- Once the interviews are conducted, Shell and the Operator will decide whether or not to feature the submission in the Series. If successful after this process, the Applicant’s story will feature in the Series in the form of a video to be shared via social media globally (the scope of which is to be determined in Shell’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Only individuals may apply to be part of the Series. Please note, that any submission must be your own and Shell reserves the right to verify any information contained in a submission;
- Must be aged between 18 and above at the time a submission is made;
- Must submit a completed submission via the Website, Facebook or LinkedIn Lead Generation Form.
Promotion and Publicity
- Shell uses the personal data you provide to consider your application. Shell will disclose your personal data to the Operator.
- If you are successfully chosen to feature in the Series, you agree, without any compensation, to:
- Cooperate with Shell in order to announce your success;
- The reasonable use of your details, submission and any other marketing material by Shell and the Operator required which includes but are not limited to photographs in Shell advertising, marketing or promotional material on Shell’s websites or otherwise, which includes but is not limited to social media;
- By participating in the Series, Applicants acknowledge that their data may be used by Shell and the Operator to contact Applicants as stated above. For any questions related to the processing of Participants Personal Data, a request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to Shell at the address set out above – in accordance with the Privacy Statement.
- In accordance with the Privacy Statement, Shell and the Operator will not keep Personal Data for longer than is necessary and in any event no longer than 24 months from the end of the Series, to assist Shell in operating the Experience in a consistent manner and to deal with any queries relating to the Series.
Limitations of liability:
- Shell and the Operator gives no guarantee as to the outcome of your application;
- Except as expressly set out in these Terms and Conditions, all warranties, undertakings, conditions and terms, express or implied, whether by common law, statute, custom, trade usage, course of dealings or otherwise (including without limitation as to quality, fitness for purpose, performance or suitability for purpose) in respect of the Series or any other subject of the Terms and Conditions are hereby excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- Shell and the Operator shall not be liable to you under or in connection with these Terms and Conditions for any indirect, economic or consequential loss or for any loss of profits, loss of business, loss of contracts, loss of use or loss of reputation;
- Shell and the Operator shall not be liable to you under or in connection with this Series for any loss arising out of or from (i) difficulties you experience in submitting your application online or accessing the website; (ii) user errors; (iii) negligent use of the website; (iv) sharing of passwords leading to unauthorised access to applications; or (v) your application being lost or delayed
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to deal with any dispute (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with it.
- By participating in the Series and submitting an application, the Applicants warrants that the story is true and correct and does not in any way infringe the intellectual property rights (including, without limitation, patents, copyrights, visual materials in whatever form, sound recordings, any copyright protectable work, designs, trade or services marks, database rights, rights in know-how, rights protecting goodwill and reputation, moral rights or other similar rights in any country, in each case whether or not registered, and any applications for registration of any of the foregoing, and all rights to apply to register any of the foregoing) of any other person. If it is discovered that submission is not original or true and correct and/or breaches another person’s intellectual property rights Shell reserves the rights to reject the application.
- The Promoter may amend or vary the Terms and Conditions at any time, at its sole and absolute discretion. Any changes to the Terms and Conditions will be posted at https://www.shell.com/energy-and-innovation/make-the-future/closing-the-gender-gap.html
- Shell’s decision is final in every situation (including any not expressly mentioned in the Terms and Conditions. Shell and the Operator reserve the right to investigate any activity they believe to be of a fraudulent nature and to disqualify any members that they believe are carrying out fraudulent activity or otherwise seeking to circumvent these Terms and Conditions.
- Shell accepts no liability for lost, damaged or corrupted data; expired rewards or incomplete or incorrect use of the App whether due to omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission