Since we began our gasification research in the 1950’s, more than 170 residue gasifiers have been built. There are currently 96 residue gasifiers in operation worldwide. We also operate our own gasifiers, which helps us to understand and anticipate your operational needs.
Fujian Refinery & Ethylene Project, China
- 2200 t/d of De-oiled Asphalt (DoA) from Solvent De-Asphalting Unit;
- 80,000 Nm3/h of Hydrogen production;
- 200 MW power generation capacity;
NEXEN Long Lake Project, Canada
- 72,000 bbl/d of bitumen from the Athabasca oil sands
- The heavy asphaltene by-product of the primary upgrading process feeds a 3,800-t/d SGP unit
- Produces hydrogen for the hydrocracker and steam for the steam-assisted gravity drainage operations.
Shell Pearl Gas-to-liquids (GTL) Project, Qatar
- The world’s largest GTL plant: 18 gasifiers
- Peak production: 1.6Bcf/d natural gas into:
- 140,000 bbl/d of GTL products; and
- 120,000 boe/d of condensate, liquefied petroleum gas and ethane