White spirits/mineral spirits blends
Shell chemicals companies produce a wide range of white spirits and mineral spirits blends - mixtures of paraffins, cycloparaffins and aromatic hydrocarbons with boiling ranges which typically lie between 150°C and 220°C.
They are clear water-white liquids, chemically stable and non-corrosive and possess a mild odour. Examples of the Shell Chemicals range are LAWS (Low Aromatic White Spirit), ShellSol 15 and ShellSol H.
White spirits and mineral spirits blends are used as solvents or diluents in thinners for paints and varnishes, paint driers, colour printing of fabrics, metal cleaning and degreasing, preparation of furniture, shoe and floor polishes, dry cleaning formulations and in the rubber industry.
|ShellSol* 7 EC||Datasheet||Not sold|
|ShellSol* 2046 NA, Q7749||Datasheet||Not sold|
|White Spirit||Not sold||Datasheet|
|Low Aromatic White Spirit (LAWS)||Not sold||Datasheet|
|High Aromatic White Spirit (HAWS)||Not sold||Datasheet|
|ShellSol* 2046 AR, Q7747||NOTE: sold in South America only |
|Aguarrás BA Stoddard||NOTE: sold in South America only |
|Base Para Insecticida (BPI)||NOTE: sold in South America only |
|ShellSol* 90||NOTE: sold in South America only |
Our key strengths in hydrocarbon solvents
- Broad product line: Our wide range of solvents enables us to cover most - if not all – solvents customer requirements. In this way we can help to rationalise and reduce the costs of procurement.
- Global security of supply: Shell Chemicals are leading global suppliers of solvents, with strategically located plants offering continuous long term supply.
- Consistency of product quality: long term production experience and development of proprietary Shell processes delivers product of high quality and consistency.
- Multiple sales channels: customers can choose from a range of sales channels - direct dealings with our own customer service contacts, through distributors for smaller quantities, or via e-channels such as Elemica.
- Experienced support staff: Shell Chemicals have in-depth knowledge of solvents products, their applications, and health, safety and environment issues. Local sales staff are well trained to identify and meet customer business needs.