High-quality jet fuel, industry-leading operational standards and a professional operations team: we know the standards you expect from your jet fuel supplier.
Our desire for operational excellence drives us to deliver innovative solutions and services. From product development to providing safe and reliable services, our dedicated people are committed to operational excellence at every stage – without compromise.
Shell SkyPad: An end-to-end refuelling solution that’s transforming turnarounds.
Shell SkyPad speeds up everything from fuelling to billing, reducing turnaround times and helping airlines spend more time flying.
Shell Skypad offers you:
- Automated refuelling tickets pre-populated with flight information, increasing accuracy and reducing turnarounds;
- In certain airports, real-time data that connects from cockpit to refueller and direct to your accounting department. Something we are looking roll out worldwide;
- A system that uses real-time stock data to ensure security of supply;
- Electronic proof of delivery within minutes;
- Automated global delivery data reports using the International Air Transport Association’s (IATA) standard formats;
- A global solution, working across geographies; and
- A paperless solution based on an intrinsically safe tablet.
Industry leadership and technical expertise
Shell Aviation is an industry leader in developing standards and best practices.
Shell has over 10,000 scientists and engineers working on the world’s toughest energy challenges. We are one of the few energy companies with a dedicated aviation research facility.
Find out from some of our industry experts about the work they do for the aviation industry:
Shell is a major contributor to the aviation fuel industry and holds active and leadership roles in all the major industry groups, including:
- UK Defence Standards (UK DEF STAN);
- Joint Inspection Group (JIG);
- Energy Institute (EI);
- CRC (formerly Corrosion Reaction Consultants);
- International Air Transport Association (IATA); and
- ASTM International (formerly the American Society for Testing and Materials).
Shell staff chair key committees such as the Energy Institute’s Microbiological and Aviation committees and its Aviation Filtration Sub-committee, JIG’s PQ Committee and the CRC Aviation Committee.
The Health, Safety, Security and Environment Management System (HSSEMS) assures product quality throughout the supply chain by setting strict standards for facilities and procedures. Other Shell standards define requirements for airport operations, process safety and asset integrity.
- We conduct over 400 audits and inspections annually to ensure our airport operations meet global health, safety, security, environmental and operational standards.
- Our vehicle replacement policy is used to manage our asset integrity and optimise each vehicle’s lifetime-cost ratio. An optimal average fleet of 10 years has been calculated, and we are implementing a strategy for achieving and maintaining that target.
On-the-apron service excellence
Shell provides a stimulating and challenging work environment to attract, develop and retain the best and brightest people worldwide. Our highly trained people deliver safe and efficient fuelling services. We never settle for anything less than excellence and neither should you.
There are several essential training programmes behind our operational excellence and, in 2011, we conducted approximately 24,000 hours of Aviation Competence and Education (ACE) training for Shell operators.
More In Aviation Fuels Services
Grow your airport business by taking advantage of our tailored Aviation Centre of Excellence (ACE) programme.
High quality jet fuel, industry-leading operational standards and a professional operations team: we know what you expect from your jet fuel supplier.
Welcome to the Shell Aeroclass Rewards Program, the simple an easy way to earn rewards while you fly.