Aviation Consultancy Services
Shell’s aviation consulting services are there to support your business and help keep your fleet flying. We offer a wealth of services, including end-to-end refuelling platform Shell SkyPad, a variety of technical services such as training systems and engineering, jet fuel price risk marketing solutions, and more.
To provide these services, Shell works with many businesses, organisations, and government bodies. Shell holds leadership positions and active roles in such major industry groups as:
- UK Defence Standards (UK DEF STAN);
- Joint Inspection Group (JIG);
- International Air Transport Association (IATA);
- ASTM International (formerly the American Society for Testing and Materials);
- Energy Institute (EI); and
- CRC (formerly Corrosion Reaction Consultants).
These relationships cement our position as a major player in the aviation fuel industry.
The kinds of work Shell does with these bodies includes:
- ASTM – Working with product standards organisations to inform how we define and control aviation fuel composition and physical properties so they’re fit for aviation use.
- Energy Institute – Developing and maintaining standards and best practice for aviation fuel handling equipment, such as filters, valves, storage tanks, hydrant design, and maintenance. Also, maintaining a standard for quality procedures for managing aviation fuels upstream of airports.
- JIG – Within airport operations in particular, JIG develops and maintains operating standards for aviation fuel supply. JIG also manages a mutual inspection program for joint ventures made up of companies already working with JIG.
Our aviation consulting services are available in the US, Brazil, the UK, and France. We’re also prospecting in Indonesia, Vietnam, and Thailand.
Find out more about the range of aviation fuel services that will support your needs.
Shell’s technical expertise and leading position in the aviation industry helps us provide our range of aviation consulting services. Use them for technical help, to improve your operations, ensure supply security, and get insights to help you manage costs.
Inside Aviation Consultancy Services
High quality jet fuel, industry leading operational standards and a professional operations team.
With over 90 years of experience in fuel management and airport operations all around the world, Shell’s technical experts can provide services tailored to meet your specific business needs, ensuring your operations run efficiently and safely.
Backed by an integrated supply chain with 17* refineries and 10 trading hubs worldwide
Our jet fuel price risk marketing solutions can help you to manage your costs in a volatile market.