AeroShell Oil Sport PLUS 4
The first oil specifically developed for light sport aviation piston engines, AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 offers full performance with different fuel types and in all climates.
AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 was created in partnership with Rotax and works with such engines as the Rotax® 912, 914 and 915 series. Its improved formulation, which blends high-quality hydrocarbon base stocks and incorporates synthetic technology, works well with the low cylinder head temperature compared to air-cooled engines, low oil consumption, and engine internals possessed by these kinds of aircraft.
Learn about AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4, including its benefits, approvals, and why it’s the right choice for light sport aircraft.
A quality oil dedicated to light sport aviation piston engines
Oil for light sport engines
AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 is the world’s first oil specifically developed for light sport, very light, and ultralight 4-stroke engine aircraft. It is multigrade for use in any climate and combines synthetic and high-quality mineral oil with advanced additive technologies for excellent performance, wear and corrosion protection, and cleanliness with leaded and unleaded fuels.
AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 benefits at a glance
- The first oil developed specifically for light sport and very light/ultra-light aircraft engines.
- Promotes engine cleanliness.
- Helps keep engines free of sludge and varnish.
- Helps to reduce oil consumption.
- Makes it easier to ensure engines reach time between overhauls.
- Protects highly stressed engine parts from scuffing and wear.
- Its anti-foaming additives ensure as effective lubrication as possible, particularly for engines that use an integrated gearbox.
- Easier starts and quicker protection enabled by its better cold flow characteristics.
- Features high thermal stability for safer and longer-lasting lubrication.
- Useful in any climate.
- Includes an advanced anti-rust and anti-wear package.
AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4 typical properties
|Typical properties||AeroShell Oil Sport Plus 4|
|SAE viscosity grade||Multigrade 10W-40|
|Density at 15°C||868kg/m3|
|Kinematic viscosity || |
Please note : Not for all piston engines
We have collaborated with Shell for over a decade. Our decision to work with Shell to develop Aeroshell Oil Sport Plus 4 was based on the benefits the formulation would provide to our customers. We are convinced of the performance benefits of Aeroshell Oil Sport Plus 4 and that is why we recommend it exclusively in our service information.