Fluids and Preservatives
The AeroShell range features products for calibration, avionics cooling and hydraulic use, together with internal and external preservatives for piston and turbine engine aircraft.
AeroShell Fluid 2XN
Engine Preservative Concentrate
AeroShell Fluid 2XN is a corrosion preservative concentrate for protecting infrequently used engines. It uses an ashless anti-corrosion additive package and highly refined mineral base oils to protect internal engine sufaces from the Effects of humidity. It is also designed to neutralize the acidic by-products of oil oxidation and combustion.
AeroShell Flud 2XN can be used neat to long-term storage, but it is typically mixed with one part AeroShell Fluid 2XN to three parts fresh AeroShell Oil 100 to create an inhibited oil. It can also be sprayed undiluted on piston-engine exhaust ports, Rocker arms and accessories to provide additional protection.
Detailed instructions for inhibiting piston engines are given in specification MIL-E-6059A (inactive) and in the relevant engine manufacturer´s publication.
MIL-C-6529C Type I
AeroShell Hydraulic Fluids
- AeroShell Fluid 31 - super-clean, fire-resistant, synthetic hydrocarbon hydraulic fluid.
- AeroShell Fluid 41and 41 - mineral hydraulic fluids, the latter has superior cleanliness characteristics and is the more widely used grade.
- AeroShell Fluid 61 – a preservative, synthetic hydrocarbon hydraulic fluid
- AeroShell Fluid 71 – a preservative, mineral hydraulic fluid
- AeroShell Landing Gear Fluid - an extreme-pressure mineral hydraulic fluid
- AeroShell Shock Strut Fluid – a extreme-pressure, preservative mineral hydraulic fluid
*only available in Americas
For some types of aircraft proprietary non-inflammable fluids (phosphate ester type) of non-petroleum origin are required. Shell companies may be able to supply Skydrol 500B-4 and LD-4 phosphate ester fluids against known demand.
- AeroShell Fluid 2XN – an engine preservative mineral concentrate for corrosion protection
- AeroShell Fluid 3 – a general-purpose low temperature mineral lubricating oil
- AeroShell Fluid 12 – a low temperature, synthetic ester instrument lubricating oil
- AeroShell Fluid 5M-A – medium-viscosity, extreme-pressure mineral gearbox oil
- AeroShell Fluid S.8350 – an extreme-pressure mineral helicopter gearbox oil
- AeroShell Calibrating Fluid 2 – a stoddard solvent calibrating fluid for fuel system components
- AeroShell Compound 07 – a de-icing fluid for in-flight systems and on runway
- AeroShell Fluid 602 – a synthetic avionic cooling fluid
- AeroShell Turbine Oil 2 – a mineral 2 mm2/s fuel system inhibiting oil
- AeroShell Turbine Oil 32 – a mineral 3 mm2/s fuel system inhibiting oil
2AeroShell Turbine Oil 3 replaces AeroShell Fluid 1
Health and Safety
For further guidance on Product Health & Safety refer to the appropriate Safety Data Sheet here.
More in aeroshell
Best-selling Piston Engine Oils and high performance Turbine Oils, Greases and fluids.