AeroShell Grease 22
Keep your aircraft wheels turning for longer by applying AeroShell Grease 22 to their bearings. This general-purpose aviation grease offers excellent corrosion resistance, anti-wear properties and load-carrying properties throughout the extreme operating conditions your aircraft faces. As well as your wheel bearings, use AeroShell Grease 22 on a wide range of applications, including your engine accessories, control systems, landing gears and more.
Learn about AeroShell Grease 22, including how to use it and why you should choose it.
AeroShell Grease 22 specifications
- US – Approved MIL-PRF-81322G NLGI Grade 2, Approved DOD-G-24508A
- UK – Approved DEF STAN 91-52
- France – Approved DCSEA 395/A
- Russian – Analogue of CIATIM 201 and 203, VNII NP 207, ERA (VNII NP 286M) and ST (NK-50)
- NATO Code ¬– G-395
- Joint Service Designation – XG-293
- COMAC – Approved to QPL-CMS-OL-301
For information about the applications of AeroShell Grease 22, as well as health and safety precautions, see the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) and the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) .
About AeroShell Grease 22
Wheel bearings become extremely cold during flight. The instant the wheel touches the tarmac, they go from rapid acceleration to braking to a complete stop, thereby becoming very hot and also being subjected to runway spray/de-icing fluids.
It's made up of synthetic hydrocarbon oil thickened with Microgel®, with outstanding performance characteristics.
AeroShell Grease 22 is designed to protect aircraft wheel bearings operating in these severe conditions. It's made up of a synthetic hydrocarbon and offers an alternative to AeroShell Grease 5 outside the Americas.
AeroShell Grease 22 can help extend component life and reduce maintenance costs through its excellent load-carrying capacity and resistance to wear, corrosion, oxidation and water washout.
Why use AeroShell Grease 22?
• AeroShell Grease 22 is designed to protect aircraft wheel bearings operating under high loads and speeds and wide temperature ranges.
• It’s a good choice for wheel bearings and other critical components, thanks to its excellent load-carrying capacity and resistance to wear, corrosion, oxidation and water washout.
How to use AeroShell Grease 22
Use AeroShell Grease 22 on a variety of applications, including:
- aircraft wheel bearings;
- engine accessories;
- control systems;
- servo mechanisms;
- electric motors;
- helicopter rotor bearings;
- airframe lubrication;
- hinge pins;
- static joints; and
- landing gears.
Typical properties of AeroShell Grease 22
Here are some of the typical properties of AeroShell Grease 22 and see how they compare with the requirements for the MIL-PRF-81322G specification. Check the AeroShell Book to find out more.
- Oil type – Synthetic hydrocarbon.
- Useful operating temperature range – -54°C to +177°C.
- Anti-friction bearing performance at 177°C – Over 400 hours.
- Load carrying capacity/Load wear index – 40kg.
- Copper corrosion over 24 hours at 100°C – Passes this test for the MIL-PRF-81322G specification .
- Colour – Amber.