Trinidad and Tobago
Shell has been in Trinidad & Tobago for over 100 years and has played a major role in the development of the country’s oil and gas industry. At its pinnacle in the 1960’s, Shell was said to be the largest private sector employer in the country, with a refinery at Point Fortin, the current location of the Atlantic LNG facility and a retail presence.
Shell is well remembered for its development of social and sporting infrastructure in south west Trinidad and for its Trade School, where several of the nationals who have contributed significantly to the development of Trinidad & Tobago’s oil and gas sector, received their first training in the sector.
In 1974 the oil industry was nationalized with the Government purchasing Shell’s assets to create the country’s first national oil company and as a consequence Shell’s footprint was reduced significantly. In January 2014, Shell acquired Repsol’s 20% - 25% non-operated interest in Atlantic LNG. With the completion of the combination of BG Group and Shell in February 2016, Shell assumed a major Upstream position where gas is supplied to both the petrochemical and LNG sectors and a majority interest in Atlantic LNG across the four train facility.
- Shell has been active in Trinidad & Tobago since 1913
- Shell is now present in seven offshore and onshore blocks (both operated and non-operated) as well as pipelines and a larger presence in Atlantic LNG
- Shell delivers an integrated gas operation to supply the petrochemical market and Atlantic LNG
- Atlantic LNG was built in 1995 and at that time was the world's largest liquefaction facility; today it is the sixth largest LNG exporter in the world
- Our equity in the Atlantic LNG plant ranges from 46% to 57.5% in each of four trains at the Point Fortin facility
Shell Trinidad & Tobago Limited
Shell Energy House
5 St. Clair Avenue
Phone: +1 868 628 0888
Massy Machinery Ltd. Is the Shell Lubricants Macro Distributor that currently markets, sells and distributes Shell Lubricant products in Trinidad and Tobago.
Company name: Massy Machinery Ltd.
Postal address (same as office address):
Uriah Butler Highway,
Trinidad & Tobago, W.I.
Tel: + 868 665 5555 Ext 463
Fax: + 868 671 0012
Web address: www.massycat.com and www.massymachinery.com
Work for Shell
Discover how you can make an impact with Shell.
More in About Us
Find out about our business, people and how we are working to power progress together with more and cleaner energy solutions.
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies that aims to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible.