Main content | back to top
Press Releases 2010
There is currently a scam email being sent to members of the public, which claims to be a notification of lottery winnings from Shell. The aim of these scams is to obtain personal information and bank account details for use in identity theft and to defraud people of money.
This is one of several recent scam messages which have also contained:
- fake lottery winning notifications;
- offers of employment with Shell abroad;
- offers to sell phantom vehicles or other items because of a relocation with Shell.
Please be aware that Shell is in no way related to these emails and text messages.
We would also like to advise the public of the following:
- Do not respond to unsolicited business propositions and/or offers from people you are unfamiliar with.
- Do not disclose your personal/financial details to anyone you do not know.