- Second quarter 2015 results CEO video comment
- Royal Dutch Shell plc updates on company development and recommended combination with BG Group plc
- Second quarter 2015 summary of unaudited results
- Second quarter 2015 results financial documents
- Second quarter 2015 results dividend announcement
- Second quarter 2015 results webcasts & presentations
Second quarter 2015 results - July 30, 2015
On Thursday, July 30, 2015 Royal Dutch Shell plc released its second quarter results and second quarter interim dividend announcement for 2015. On this page a summarised overview of the results and links to the full set of results documents and webcast.
- Royal Dutch Shell’s second quarter 2015 earnings, on a current cost of supplies (CCS) basis (see Note 2), were $3.4 billion compared with $5.1 billion for the same quarter a year ago.
- Second quarter 2015 CCS earnings excluding identified items (see page 4) were $3.8 billion compared with $6.1 billion for the second quarter 2014, a decrease of 37%.
- Compared with the second quarter 2014, CCS earnings excluding identified items benefited from strong Downstream results reflecting steps taken by the company to improve financial performance and higher realised refining margins. In Upstream, earnings were impacted by the significant decline in oil and gas prices and decreased production volumes, partly offset by lower costs and depreciation.
- Basic CCS earnings per share excluding identified items decreased by 37% versus the same quarter last year.
- Cash flow from operating activities for the second quarter 2015 was $6.1 billion, compared with $8.6 billion for the same quarter last year. Excluding working capital movements, cash flow from operating activities for the second quarter 2015 was $7.6 billion, compared with $11.0 billion for the second quarter 2014.
- Total dividends distributed to Royal Dutch Shell plc shareholders in the quarter were $3.0 billion, of which $0.7 billion were settled under the Scrip Dividend Programme. No shares were bought back during the second quarter.
- Gearing at the end of the second quarter 2015 was 12.7%.
- A second quarter 2015 dividend has been announced of $0.47 per ordinary share and $0.94 per American Depositary Share (“ADS”).
Ben van Beurden, Chief Executive Officer of Royal Dutch Shell plc hosted live video webcasts of the second quarter 2015 results on Thursday July 30, 2015 at 14:00 BST (15:00 CEST / 09:00 EDT).
You may also be interested in
The businesses and investment highlights of Royal Dutch Shell plc are presented in brief, including our strategy.
The 2016 Annual Report and Form 20-F, the 2016 Sustainability Report and the 2016 Investors' Handbook are available for online reading and as PDF download.