- Gas already flows from the Ormen Lange deep-water field
- Two new compressors will boost recovery from Ormen Lange
- The expanded plant will receive gas from more fields through Polarled
- Once complete, Nyhamna could provide enough gas to power 22 million European homes
Expanding to deliver more energy for Europe: Nyhamna, Norway
The Nyhamna gas processing plant supplies around 20% of the UK's natural gas.
The expansion includes:
- Installing more than 50 modules - some modules weight up to 2,500 tonnes each
- Preparing to receive gas from the 480 km Polarled pipeline
- 6,000 people have been working on the project
- Activities taking place in around 10 global locations
More in Inside Energy
A major natural gas plant is expanding to receive gas from a new pipeline running deep beneath the Norwegian Sea, boosting supplies of energy for millions of people.
Shell Chief Technology Officer Yuri Sebregts talks about the critical role technology can play in lowering carbon emissions.
A vast project has boosted production of the raw chemicals that go into products we use every day, from the phone in your pocket to the pillow you sleep on.