Main content | back to top
Shell Mexphalte CRMB
Homogeneous and storage stable crumb rubber modified bitumen(CRMB), For deriving full value and 100% utilization of binder and imparting long life to your road pavements.
High quality, homogeneous and storage stable crumb rubber modified bitumen
The use of crumb rubber for bitumen modification in the form of CRMB is quite common in India. Normally, the compatibility of crumb rubber and bitumen is quite low and the two normally do not make a homogeneous mix. One of the major issues with currently available CRMB has been homogeneity and storage stability, as crumb rubber particles separate from bitumen, causing rapid deterioration in the binder quality.
To address this issue, Shell Bitumen has developed Shell Mexphalte CRMB after extensive research and development. The new product uses high performance additives and a special manufacturing process. Shell Mexphalte CRMB is formulated for high homogeneity and stability over a long period of time.
Shell Mexphalte CRMB offer following benefits over conventional binder:-
- High stiffness of Shell Mexphalte CRMB helps control deformation under high temperature and heavy loading conditions.
- Shell Mexphalte CRMB helps address the issue of reflective cracking through the use of SAMI layers.
- Increases the fatigue life of pavement under repeated heavy loading conditions.
- Can be used directly in SMA layers saving the entire cost of fibres.
- Full valve from Bitumen modification as fully homogenous and storage stable.
- Helps in reducing the thickness of pavement for the same life.
- Helps in reduction of maintenance cost and is more cost effective on a life cycle cost basis.
Shell Mexphalte CRMB is normally used for dense and semi-dense bituminous mixes, wearing course and binder course of the pavement. It can also be used for SAM and SAMI layers to prevent reflective cracking. It can also be used for premix carpet for low volume roads.
High viscosity of Shell Mexphalte CRMB makes it suitable to be used for high-end applications such as chip seal, spray seal, SMA and porous or drainage asphalt.
Please visit our global site for the contact details of your local Shell sales or technical person to check availability in your country.