Main content | back to top
Shell Advance Ride of your choice
Shell Advance brings to you the opportunity to experience the ride you always wanted - Buy Shell Advance AX5 and you could win a Ride of your Choice. That’s not all! You can also win upto 2 bikes every month in the promo period and assured cash prizes.*
Peel off the top of the front label on Shell Advance AX5 promo pack and find a unique code on its back side. SMS the unique code to 58888 and get a chance to enter the Lucky Draw to win a Ride of Your Choice! You can also increase your chances of winning by referring your friends. By sending the code as SMS, consumers also become eligible for winning upto 2 bikes each month during the promo period. You also get an assured cash prize as per the amount on the back side of the peel off label.
Terms & Conditions
1. The “Shell Advance Ride of your choice” Promotional offer (“Promotion”) is open for participation for all consumers (“Participant”) buying the participating product packs as detailed below. This Promotion is not applicable for the participants from the state of Tamil Nadu in view of the provisions of the Tamil Nadu Prize Scheme (Prohibition) Act ,1979
a. The Promotion will run from 1st March 2013 to 30th September 2013. The duration of Promotion can be curtailed or extended as deemed necessary by Shell India Markets Pvt Limited (“Promoter”).
b. The Promotion is open only for and valid for the following Shell Advance products purchased from authorized retailers of the Promoter:
- Shell Advance AX5 - 900 ml pack
- Shell Advance AX5 - 1 Liter pack
2. All consumer (s) desirous of participating in the Promotion must buy a can/do an oil change of the participating packs during the Promotion period and scratch the label on the side of the pack. They would get an assured cash prize on such purchase which could vary from one pack to other , as detailed in the grid below
|Participating products||Assured gift options|
|Shell Advance AX5 0.9 Ltr and 1 ltr pack / oil change||Assured cash ranging from Rs 10 upto Rs 1000/-, or a bike(s) limited to 100-150 cc bike as deemed fit by Shell India Markets Pvt Ltd or a chance to get an entry to a Grand prize draw wherein all consumer attendees would get a chance to win any bike of their choice limited to a Honda CBR 250 cc or a Vespa 125 cc automatic scooter whichever is available in the domestic market and deemed fit by Shell India Markets Private Limited|
|Shell Advance AX5 0.9 Ltr and 1 ltr pack / oil change||Optional booster for consumers- Consumers can choose to refer friends for this promotion by sending their friends numbers via SMS and get additional entries into the lucky draw subject to Shell receiving a valid code from the number referred.|
a. This purchase entitles the Participant to Assured cash ranging from Rs 10 upto Rs 1000/-, or a bike(s) limited to 100-150 cc bike as deemed fit by Shell India Markets Pvt Ltd or a chance to get a chance to get an entry to a Grand prize draw wherein all consumer attendees would get a chance to win any bike of their choice limited to a Honda CBR 250 cc or a Vespa 125 cc automatic scooter whichever is available in the domestic market and deemed fit by Shell India Markets Private Limited.
By participating in the promotion, each Participant unconditionally agrees to abide by terms & conditions of the promoter and the decisions of the Promoter shall be final and binding in all respects. The Promotion is governed by Indian laws and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Indian Courts at New Delhi.
b. The consumer needs to produce the scratch label as a proof of purchase when claiming any prize (as mentioned in point 7)
c. Shell India Markets Pvt Ltd will only bear the ex-showroom cost of the bikes, the balance of the payment shall have to be borne by the winner
3. Entering Lucky Code ( SMS)
a. Consumers who get a lucky code (entrants) on the back of the primary label on the pack can send the code via SMS only.
b. No personal details required to vote. No personal data,(exception of mobile number) will be captured when voting
c. Entrants have to SMS “Shell Advance (lucky code)” to 58888 to register their entry
d. Each entrant must provide the following while registering their vote;
i. Lucky Code
ii. Phone Number
e. For the grand lucky draw event, consumers whose numbers are shortlisted only will be contacted by the promoter. No attempt will be made to contact the owners of the others entries, and no queries will be entertained regarding the selection of the final entries.
There will be a lucky draw from all the entrant attendees at the grand event (location and time will be defined and communicated by Shell India Markets Pvt Ltd to all concerned parties closer to the event date) for winning a the grand prize of “ a bike of your choice”. The travel and stay expenses of the entrants travelling to the grand event needs to be borne by the entrants themselves
- Assured cash ranging from Rs 10 upto Rs 1000/-,
- or a bike(s) limited to 100-150 cc bike as deemed fit by Shell India Markets Pvt Ltd
- or a chance to get an invite to a Grand event wherein all consumer attendees would get a chance to enter a lucky draw for “a bike of their choice”
PARTICIPANT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
4. Participants must be aged above 18 years of age on the Promotion start date and a resident of India in order to participate. The Participant must hold a valid driving license in India and have a good understanding of spoken English, be physically and legally able and willing to travel to the location of the grand event on the dates specified, if the Promoter invites them to do so. The entrant would be required to bear all expenses for their travel (to and fro) and stay for the grand event
5. The following are not eligible to participate in the promotion: (a) Persons who on or after January, 2013 were employees of Shell International Petroleum Company Ltd, and/or their immediate family members) and associated with the development of this Promotion and/or with the judging of Promotion entries, (b) Employees of Promoter or agencies associated in the development and execution of this promotion. or their immediate family members, (c) Suppliers of Shell International Petroleum Co. Ltd.
6. Promoter reserves the right to request proof of a Participant's eligibility in the event that there is a doubt over his/her eligibility for the Promotion.
7. To the extent only permitted by applicable law, the Promoter reserves the right to use the winner’s voice, image, photograph, name and likeness in post-Promotion publicity material and in advertising, marketing or promotional material in any media by any means throughout the world for any purpose connected with the products/services of the Promoter or any company within the Royal Dutch/Shell Group of companies without additional compensation or prior notice to the winner and by entering the Promotion, all Participants consent to the same.
8. Subject to applicable laws, the Promoter shall not be liable for any losses, taxes, liabilities or inconvenience suffered by any Participant as a result of these terms and conditions, entering this promotion [or accepting any part of the prize or to partake in the prize]
9. The Promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions or for this Promotion or using the prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the Participant and the Promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
10. The Promoter does not accept responsibility for (1) lost, late or undelivered entries or (2) any technical or access issue, failure, malfunction or difficulty that might hinder the ability of a participant to enter the Promotion or (3) any event which may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted.
THE PROMOTER’S RIGHTS
11. The Promoter may (i) extend (ii) terminate or suspend the Promotion at any time due to circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control (iii) substitute a prize (or any part of a prize).
12. Any costs incurred in addition to the prize package elements listed above shall be borne by the winner (for example, but not limited to, additional meals and spending money).
13. Each winner shall be solely responsible for all applicable taxes, sales tax, surcharges, service charges, delivery, processing and handling fees and all other costs incurred in claiming the prize.
14. Prizes will not be replaced at Winner’s request or demand by any alternative or cash equivalent although Promoter reserves the right to substitute either any part of prize or whole prize for similar prize of equal or greater value. The prize is not transferable..
15. This Promotion is valid for purchases made from the Promoter, its authorised retailers or the above named franchise workshops after the announcement of this Promotion. Promoter’s decision on a particular customer’s status will be binding on all participating authorised dealers and franchise workshops..
16. Promoter reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason thereof. Any decision taken in this regard shall be final and binding and not be subject to any dispute or challenge.
17. Promoter further does not make any commitment, express or implied to get back to any/all the Participants or furnish reasons for inclusion/exclusion of particular submission of the Participant at any stage of the promotion.
18. The decision on the winners nominated by Promoter or, any other matter in relation to this promotion shall be final and binding and no correspondence or communication shall be entertained in this regard.
19. In addition to these terms & conditions, other specific terms may be imposed by Promoter from time to time to deal with any unforeseen situation.
Promoter also reserves the absolute right to change the terms and conditions contained herein and, or, any other rules and regulations in respect of the Promotion at any time without any notice, without assigning any reason and without any liability whatsoever.
Participants are requested to refer to such other terms and conditions, if any, which may be intimated separately as the Promoter considers fit. However, no obligation is cast on the Promoter to separately intimate each individual Participant with regard to such additional terms and conditions.
20. Promoter also reserves the right to cancel this Promotion at any stage without any liability whatsoever to the Participant.
21. The Participant undertakes and declares, by participating in the Promotion, that it shall not use any duplicate scratch cards. In the event, a Participant is found to be doing so, such a Participant shall forthwith be barred from participating in the Promotion.
22. The Participant(s) hereby give express permission to the Promoter to freely distribute its submission in any publication and media whether online, offline or on the Internet. Material sent to Promoter including feedback and other communications of any kind as well as submission of an entry to this Promotion shall be deemed to be non-confidential. Promoter shall be free to reproduce, distribute and publicly display such feedback, materials without limitation or obligation of any kind. Promoter is also free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such submissions or materials for any purpose.
23. Each Participant understands that each of the officials of the Promoter engaged in the organization and management of this Promotion including its directors, officers, partners, employees, consultants, and agents are under no obligation to render any advice or service to any Participant in respect of this Promotion.
24. The Participant undertakes to indemnify and keep Promoter harmless and indemnified against any loss, damage, claims, costs and expenses which may be incurred or suffered by Promoter due to breach of any of the terms and conditions herein contained.
25. Any disputes, differences and/or any other matters in relation to and arising out of this Promotion and, or pertaining to these terms and conditions shall be referred to arbitration under the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996..
The venue of arbitration shall be New Delhi. The Promotion shall be governed by and construed in accordance with applicable laws in India and will be subject to exclusive jurisdiction of the courts at Delhi alone. The Rules of Indian Council of Arbitration (“Rules”) shall apply to the arbitration proceedings and the arbitration shall be conducted by a sole arbitrator to be appointed as per the Rules
26. Each Participant must ensure that his or her participation in the Promotion is lawful in accordance with the laws of India. Neither the Promoter nor its representatives or agents shall be taken to make any representations, express or implied, as to the lawfulness of any Participant's participation in the Promotion.
27. Participation in the Promotion will be construed as an acceptance of these terms and conditions stipulated herein and of any terms and conditions already announced as these.
28. In the event the benefits/gifts being provided involve manufactured items, these shall be subject to manufacturer's terms and conditions for warranty, service and maintenance, and the Promoter does not accept any responsibility for the same. If the gifts attract any taxes as per applicable law of land the same shall be borne by the winner. The promoter will not be bearing any cost towards such expenses.
29. Where the benefits/gifts under this promotion are items/goods, these shall be subject to availability Promoter at its discretion shall have the option of providing alternate items of equivalent value. Pictures of the items/goods shown in the promotion brochure may differ from the items/goods given.
Any Promoter product under the Promotion shall also be available without the Promotion.