Main content | back to top
News and Media Releases
Registration open for Shell Junior National Science Scholarship 2013
Shell India opens registration for its second “Shell Junior National Science Scholars” programme. Brought to you by Shell India in partnership with the British Council and with National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) as the knowledge partner, the Shell Junior National Science Scholarship 2013 examination will be held on Sunday, 08 December 2013. The examination will be held simultaneously in 7 cities across India—New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, Chennai, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, and Hyderabad.
The examination will comprise mainly objective type questions on science topics (physics, chemistry, and mathematics) and energy-related issues. Students from classes IX and X are allowed to participate in this all-India science examination. There will be one subjective type question. The answer to the subjective question will serve as a tie-breaker and only be assessed if scores of the winning students stand equal.
Rules for Registration
- Registration process will be online only.
- Registration can be done only by schools. Students are not allowed to register individually.
- Students currently studying in class IX and X are only allowed to participate.
- A school can register only once and a maximum of 20 students can be nominated from one school.
- Last date for registration is 30th October 2013.
- There will be 3 regional winners from each of the examination venues. Each winner will receive a cash award of Rs. 50000 which they can spend on educational purposes.
- There will be 3 national winners (from the 21 regional winners) who will receive an additional cash award of Rs 75000 each.
- The mentor teachers of the 3 national winners will get an opportunity to visit UK for week-long continuing professional development training.
- The mentor teachers of the remaining 18 regional winners will get an opportunity to attend a 3-day science enrichment workshop in India.
For queries related to the registration process, please feel free to contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone 033-22892817.