Main content | back to top
Cutting Edge Computational Science Research
Cutting Edge Computational Science Research followed by a Technical Career at Shell.
Applications invited for fully sponsored PhDs in Computational Sciences at Universities in The Netherlands followed by employment at Shell in Bengaluru, India.
We invite applications for fully sponsored PhDs in The Netherlands followed by an employment offer with Shell in Bengaluru.
Rising global energy demand and difficult-to-access oil and gas, coupled with environmental and social issues form the crux of the energy challenge. Energy production in the future needs to become ‘smarter’ and more efficient, with a smaller environmental footprint. Computational research is increasingly used to deliver such innovative technology solutions.
Shell is setting up the Computational Centre of Excellence in Bengaluru, India to foster cutting-edge Computational R&D. Further, Shell has also teamed up with universities in The Netherlands to define a broad programme in Computational Sciences in various disciplines of science and engineering.
Who we are looking for
The ideal candidate has demonstrated affinity and strong motivation for computational research and is eager to work on energy challenges in Shell Technology Centre Bangalore (STCB). Candidates should have a recent or expected Masters’ Degree (or equivalent postgraduate qualification) in engineering or science.
With effect from the academic year 2013-2014, scholarships for a PhD at a University in The Netherlands are on offer. The package includes
- Challenging research in Computational Science & Engineering, relevant to the energy industry. (All courses are offered in English)
- Access to internships at Shell’s R&D centres in Europe, US or India (Bengaluru),
- Participation in summer schools, workshops and visits to other prestigious research institutes and universities, as appropriate
- Gross annual salary (for the four year term) in the range €28,000 - €36,000
- Annual visits to the home country
Upon successful completion of the PhD, the candidates may join the Computational Centre of Excellence in STCB for an exciting career in advanced computation.
For any queries, please write to CSPhd75-Queries@shell.com
Application and Selection Process
The application window for the academic year 2014-2015 will remain open between 9th August 2013 and 30th August 2013.
On completing the application, you will go through various stages of the Shell and NWO/FOM selection processes. Read the Instructions on How To Apply.
Frequently Asked Questions..
- Will students with B. Tech and other undergraduate degree applicants be eligible to apply?
- What are the next steps in the selection process?
- I have completed my Masters degree outside India, and I am not an Indian citizen. Can I apply for this program?
.. for answers to these and other FAQs, read the Frequently Asked Questions page.