Main content | back to top
Qualify as a supplier to Shell
We use a global system to pre-qualify suppliers invited for upcoming contracts.
The Supplier Qualification System (SQS) is designed to collect and store information on suppliers invited to work with Shell. SQS is operated by Achilles who will assist suppliers with registration and provide on-going support. Suppliers register at their own cost.
SQS forms part of the internal process we use to pre-qualify suppliers for upcoming contracts. It provides a standard and streamlined approach to the pre-qualification process and ensures that suppliers complete relevant assessments. Registration in SQS does not guarantee any business with Shell.
Becoming a registered supplier
Registration is by invitation only. You will be asked to register in SQS if your company is being considered for a potential contract or is renewing a current contract with Shell.
The registration process
Our Contracting & Procurement specialists will contact Achilles with a request to invite suppliers to register in SQS. Achilles SQS Customer Support Team will contact identified suppliers by sending an invitation letter with a registration token.
If you receive an invitation from Achilles or a Shell Contracting & Procurement specialist, please commence the registration process here. If you are already registered, please follow this link to login and access or update your current profile.
To complete the registration process, you will need to do the following:
Complete the online questionnaire. There is no charge for Stage 1 registration and it will take approximately 10-20 minutes to complete. A Stage 1 Registration Overview is available to download below under “Related documents”, which lists the information you will need to provide at Stage 1. We also have a Stage 1 Questionnaire Guide available in English, Chinese, Italian, Spanish and Russian. Email SQS.email@example.com to request your copy.
If your company profile is identified by the system as “low risk”, no further action is necessary.
If your company profile is not identified as “low risk”, you will be asked to continue with Stage 2 registration.
- Stage 2 requires payment of a subscription fee directly to Achilles. The fee covers: validation and data-checking processes undertaken by Achilles; system maintenance; service and support desks; and enhancements to SQS. The amount payable depends on the number of product codes you have selected in Stage 1. Once payment has been received by Achilles, you will be given access to complete the Stage 2 questionnaire.
- The Stage 2 questionnaire requires you to submit information and certificates related to finance, health and safety, quality management, insurance, products and services, corporate social responsibility (CSR) policies and legal information. A Stage 2 Registration Overview is available to download below under “Related documents”, which lists the information and documentation you will need to provide at Stage 2.
- Depending on your company profile’s risk rating, you may also be required to undertake further assessments of your company’s health & safety, and/or finance and/or CSR policies. These additional assessments are covered under the subscription fee and will be sent to you by Achilles in a separate e-mail after Stage 2 is completed.
If you have any questions about the Supplier Qualification System and registration process, please e-mail SQS@achilles.com. Also refer to the Frequently Asked Questions document available to download below.
All correspondence relating to SQS will be sent from either a Shell or Achilles e-mail address (e.g. SQS@achilles.com | firstname.lastname@example.org | PT-SQS-Project-Team@shell.com). If you receive communication regarding SQS from any other e-mail domain or source these are not valid. We ask that you immediately notify the team of this communication by e-mailing email@example.com.
Businesses without SQS
Due to legal and organisational constraints a limited number of Shell business units will not use SQS for their suppliers.
- All non-operated joint ventures
- Shell Malaysia Exploration and Production
- Shell Egypt NV
- Shell upstream business in Nigeria
- Shell upstream business in Russian/Caspian region (Russia/Kazakhstan/Ukraine)
- Shell Iraq Petroleum Development, Shell Gas Iraq B.V.
- Butagaz (Downstream LPG business)
The following groups of suppliers are not required to register in SQS:
- Passenger airlines;
- Passenger rail services;
- Partners to hydrocarbon trading agreements;
- Landlords / landowners;
- Government bodies;
- Merchant banks;
- Fuel depots / fuel terminals;
- Third party storage providers;
- Sole source energy suppliers.
Please note if your company provides products/services to other Shell business units or outside of the categories listed above, SQS registration will be required.
Suppliers that are currently registered on FPAL/JQS and want to continue to provide their products/services to Shell business in Europe (UK, The Netherlands, Ireland / Norway, Denmark) will need to join SQS Stage 1 only. Suppliers that want to provide their products / services to Shell business in the regions outside the ones listed above will need to go through the normal registration process.
To request a Stage 1 Questionnaire Guide in English, Chinese, Italian, Spanish or Russian send an email to SQS.firstname.lastname@example.org