Main content | back to top
For those customers that want a simple route to market, we can buy and sell environmental products on a fixed or floating price basis to match your requirements.
We can fix a price now for future delivery in order to build price certainty into your emissions management programme. Shell’s environmental trading desk is actively involved in exchange traded and Over The Counter (OTC) environmental products including European Union Allowances (EUAs), Certified Emission Reductions (CERs) and Emission Reduction Units (ERUs).
On each of these commodities we offer spot and forward trading to help clients.
Primary benefits to customer:
- You can access markets without the need for your own in-house capabilities
- There’s no need to join various emission exchanges
- You can buy on a fixed/floating basis depending on your risk management strategy
- You can issue limit orders to set target levels
- And buy and sell at index averages which smooth out pricing fluctuations
Contact Us to discuss your Trade Execution requirements.
Frequently Asked Questions about Environmental Trading Markets and how Shell can help reduce Greenhouse Gas emissions
Learn more about terms used in Emissions Trading and Greenhouse Gas projects