Main content | back to top
Research and Development
Evolving reliable and new technologies are essential to Shell’s innovative work in gas processing.
Breakthrough technology development
- Novel technologies to effectively process acid & sour gas, i.e. membrane processes;
- Improved natural gas scrubbing technology to increase capital effectiveness and energy efficiency in CO2/H2S removal;
- New CO2 capture technologies for Carbon Capture and Storage.
Maturation and improvement of existing technologies
- Development of new generation of SCOT* off-gas treatment and catalytic incineration catalysts;
- Continuous improvements to Shell’s proprietary ADIP* and SULFINOL* technologies through the implementation of operational experience in new solvent developments;
- Deployment of early generation, commercial scale, flue gas CO2 capture technologies (CANSOLV*);
- Support to large scale Carbon Capture Storage demonstration projects;
- Continuous improvement of state of the art hydrocarbon dew pointing, dehydration and trace component removal technologies.
Supporting our existing business
- Support to operational challenges in gas processing (operations, de-bottlenecking, analytical support);
- Improvement of amine-solvent quality monitoring and maintenance;
- Selection of the optimal adsorbents for trace contaminant removal and for gas dehydration.
Names marked with an asterisk * are trademarks that are owned and used by companies of the Shell Group.
Paqell was established by partners Shell Global Solutions and Paques, a Dutch biotech pioneer with a 50 year heritage, to commercialise the innovative yet proven THIOPAQ® desulphurisation technology in a predominantly conservative industry.