Main content | back to top
NEODOL PC product overview
NEODOL* for Personal Care products are suitable for a range of applications such as personal cleansing products in liquid or bar forms, moisturisers/ lotions, sunscreens, deodorants and oral care products.
What are NEODOL PC products?
NEODOL for Personal Care refers to the broad range of primary alcohol derivatives manufactured using Shell Higher Olefins Process (SHOP) and Shell Hydroformylation (SHF) technologies. Typical NEODOL alcohols and ethoxylates have at least 20% 2-alkyl branching and odd and even carbon chains.
Sulfates made with NEODOL PC 100 and PC 200 alcohol derivatives have similar viscosity profiles, water hardness sensitivities and surfactant properties compared to traditional oleo-derived products.
NEODOL PC 600 is a 100% mono-methyl branched alcohol which is a blend of C16 and C17 high purity primary alcohols. It is manufactured using modified Oxo Mono Methyl branched alcohol technology, a process route that delivers odour-free fluid alcohols with high molecular weights.
How are NEODOL PC products used?
NEODOL for Personal Care derivatives are suitable for a variety of applications including personal cleansing products in liquid or bar forms, moisturisers/ lotions, sunscreens, deodorants and oral care products.
What are our key strengths in the personal care sector?
- Global brand position and products currently used by market leaders in personal care.
- Versatile products that may be used in several different applications, saving time and money.
- Large global supplier with a record of reliable supply and flexible distribution capabilities.
- Depth of knowledge and experience in personal care applications acquired over more than 30 years.
- Willingness to work with customers to provide products that match their need for more effective formulations.
- Dedicated technical support and product experts.