Main content | back to top
Shell Tixophalte is a ready-to-use bituminous compound that can be applied cold as a filler, joint sealer or adhesive for a wide variety of jobs, from large scale industrial to domestic. Its waterproofing properties mean it can be applied underwater.
Shell Tixophalte - used by professionals, tradesmen, builders and DIY enthusiasts for over 20 years
Shell Tixophalte has been used by construction industry professionals, tradesmen, builders and DIY enthusiasts for over 20 years. Formulated from carefully selected components based on rubber-modified bitumen, it is easy to apply and is designed to offer long-lasting protection and waterproofing. It is also formulated for high resistance to movement, weathering, chemicals and other environmental factors.
- ready-to-use and easy to apply
- excellent direct adhesion, sticks directly to most wet surfaces and most building materials including concrete, metals, glass and most plastics
- applicable under water, ideal for damp and wet conditions during application and over its life-time
- protection against rust, damp and corrosion
- meets the ISO11600 standard which defines the physical properties of building sealants including anticipated movement; and
- long shelf life in aluminium cartridges (at least three years)
Whatever the scale of a project, be it sealing entire large scale building projects or simply repairing your home’s roof, it is ideal for:
- sealing leaks and making repairs, even on wet surfaces
- adhering all types of roofing felts
- waterproofing overlaps, connections and joints of roof edges, chimneys, light domes and bushings for exhaust pipes
- fixing rainwater drain systems to the roof
- connecting damp courses and other waterproofing wall details
Shell Tixophalte’s advanced wet-weather and underwater properties make it ideal for waterproofing cracks and joints in wet and underwater conditions.
- waterways, canals;
- water storage reservoirs; and
- hydraulic power stations.
What’s more, it is thixotropic, which means it can be applied to steep and even vertical slopes without run-off.
Please contact your local Shell sales contact for availability in your country.