Main content | back to top
High-quality jet fuel, industry-leading operational standards and a professional operations team: we know the standards you expect from your jet fuel supplier.
Our desire for operational excellence drives us to deliver innovative solutions and services. From product development to providing safe and reliable services, our dedicated people are committed to operational excellence at every stage – without compromise.
We know you want to work with the best partners. Our record speaks for itself:
- Armbrust Aviation Fuel Quality and Technical Leadership awards winner (World Jet Fuel Report 2012, Armbrust)
- Best Aviation Fuel Provider at the Emerging Markets Aviation Awards (EMAA) for three consecutive years in 2010, 2011 and 2012
- Over 2,000 hours of Fuel Tech training for customers and key stakeholders over the past 10 years
Industry leadership and technical expertise
Shell is one of the few energy companies with a dedicated aviation research facility.
Shell Aviation takes a prominent industry leadership role in developing standards and best practices.
Shell has over 10,000 scientists and engineers working on the world’s toughest energy challenges. We are one of the few energy companies with a dedicated aviation research facility.
Shell is a major contributor to the aviation fuel industry and holds active and leadership roles in all the major industry groups, including UK DEF STAN, JIG, EI, CRC, IATA and ASTM. Shell staff chair key committees such as the Energy Institute’s Microbiological and Aviation committees and its Aviation Filtration Sub-committee, JIG’s PQ Committee and the CRC Aviation Committee.
Our HSSEMS assures product quality throughout the supply chain.
The Health, Safety, Security and Environment Management System (HSSEMS) assures product quality throughout the supply chain by setting strict standards for facilities and procedures. Other Shell standards define requirements for airport operations, process safety and asset integrity.
- We conduct over 600 audits and inspections annually to ensure that our airport operations meet global health, safety, security, environmental and operational standards.
- Our vehicle replacement policy is used to manage our asset integrity and optimise each vehicle’s lifetime-cost ratio. An optimal average fleet of 10 years has been calculated, and we are implementing a strategy for achieving and maintaining that target.
On-the-apron service excellence
We provide highly trained people to deliver safe and efficient fuelling services.
Shell provides a stimulating and challenging work environment to attract, develop and retain the best and brightest people worldwide. Our highly trained people deliver safe and efficient fuelling services. We never settle for anything less than excellence and neither should you.
There are several essential training programmes behind our operational excellence and, in 2011, we conducted approximately 24,000 hours of Aviation Competence and Education (ACE) training for Shell operators.