Main content | back to top
Registration Details and Deadlines
See details and deadlines for all the phases of registration for Shell Eco-marathon Americas 2016!
Shell Eco-marathon Americas 2016 will once again take place at Cobo Center in Detroit, MI, USA. If you're interested in joining or would like to find out more about the competition, click here and register your interest.
The registration process for Shell Eco-marathon consists of four different phases. See below details and deadlines for each phase, and good luck!
Phase I: Team registration
Phase I Opens August 24, 2015
Teams to submit a signed school waiver, basic vehicle information, contact details and vehicle photos or drawings.
Event organizers will give preference to vehicles that adhere to the safety guidelines and offer the best driver protection.
The Phase I Deadline is November 16, 2016. The selection announcement will be January 2, 2016.
Phase II: Team registration & Final selection
Phase II Opens December 2, 2015.
Teams are required to upload the following technical schematics:
- Fuel System
- Electrical System
- Shell’s technical team will review and approve or decline your technical schematics.
Before submitting your application, make sure you read the Shell Eco-marathon 2016 Global Rules - Chapter I carefully.
The Phase II Deadline is January 25, 2016. The final selection announcement is January 28, 2016.
Phase III & IV: Logistics and Off-Track Awards
Phase III: Logistics Information (Opens January 28, 2016)
- Project, team member and participation details;
- Lodging information;
- Indicate if your team plans to stay in a hotel or in the free campsite inside the convention center;
- Transportation of your vehicle: let us know if you are shipping your vehicle or driving it to the event;
- Signed personal waivers: Minors must have the waivers signed by a parent or guardian and notarized. Upload PDF of signed waiver (available within the registration website) once complete. Non-minors can sign the waiver electronically;
- Valid drivers’ licenses: For the drivers and reserve drivers (driver’s permits will NOT be accepted).
The Phase III Logistics deadline is March 14, 2016.
Phase IV: Off-track Awards (Opens January 28, 2016)
Stay tuned for more details.
The Off-track Awards deadline is April 11, 2016.