Main content | back to top
Registration Details and Deadlines
The registration process for Shell Eco-marathon Americas 2015 will consist of four phases. You will find the timing and details for each phase outlined below.
Phase I: Team registration
August 25, 2014: Phase I Opens
Teams to submit a signed school waiver, basic vehicle information, contact details and vehicle photos or drawings.
Event organizers will give preference to vehicles that adhere to the safety guidelines and offer the best driver protection.
November 11, 2014: Phase I Deadline
November 26, 2014: Selection Announcement
Phase II: Team registration & Final selection
November 26, 2014: Phase II Opens
- Fuel System
- Electrical System
- Shell’s technical team will review and approve or decline your technical schematics.
January 19, 2015: Phase II Deadline
January 22, 2015: Final team selection announcement
Before submitting your application, make sure you read the rules carefully. Download the document below and good luck!
Phase III & IV: Logistics and Off-Track Awards
January 22, 2015: Phases III & IV Open
Phase III: Logistics Information
- Project, team member and participation details;
- Lodging information;
- Indicate if your team plans to stay in a hotel or in the free campsite inside the convention center;
- Transportation of your vehicle: let us know if you are shipping your vehicle or driving it to the event;
- Signed personal waivers: Minors must have the waivers signed by a parent or guardian and notarized. Upload PDF of signed waiver (available within the registration website) once complete. Non-minors can sign the waiver electronically;
- Valid drivers’ licenses: For the drivers and reserve drivers (driver’s permits will NOT be accepted).
Phase IV: Off-track Awards
February 3, 2015: Phase III Deadline
March 14, 2015: “Drop Out” Deadline
Teams must inform event organizers if their plans have changed and if they no longer plan to participate in Shell Eco-marathon Americas (or they will not be allowed to participate the following year).
March 30, 2015: Phase IV (Off-track Awards) Deadline
Competition: Shell Eco-marathon Americas 2015
April 9-12, 2015: Shell Eco-marathon Americas
Selected and compliant teams compete for the first time in Detroit, Michigan, US.