Main content | back to top
Registration Details and Deadlines
The registration process for Shell Eco-marathon Americas 2014 will consist of four phases. You will find the timing and details for each phase outlined below.
AUGUST 28, 2013
Phase I Opens
Teams to submit a signed school waiver, basic vehicle information, contact details and vehicle photos or drawings.
Due to the popularity of the event, the number of teams allowed to enter SEM 2014 will be capped at 125 onsite. Should there be more applicants than the maximum number of teams permitted, the following selection criteria will apply:
- The application deadlines will be strictly enforced.
- A maximum of two Prototype entries per school. If two Prototype vehicles are entered they must be of different energy types.
- Event organizers will give preference to vehicles that adhere to the safety guidelines and offer the best driver protection. Teams will be required to provide two photos and/or drawings of their vehicles during Phase I.
- Newly designed vehicles will be given preference over previously entered vehicles.
- Substantially modified vehicles (body design, drive train technology) will be given preference over lesser unmodified vehicles.
- The number of UrbanConcept entries per school is not restricted.
OCTOBER 25, 2013
Deadline for completion of Phase I
NOVEMBER 15, 2013
Teams are informed of the selection results, if applicable.
Phase II, III and IV Open for eligible teams
Phase II - Technical Schematics
- Fuel System
- Electrical System
- Shell’s technical team will review and approve or decline your technical schematics.
Phase III - Logistics Information
- Project, team member and participation details
- Lodging information
- Indicate if your team plans to stay in a hotel or in the free campsite inside the convention center
- Transportation of your vehicle - Let us know if you are shipping your vehicle or driving it to the event
- Signed personal waivers - Minors must have the waivers signed by a parent or guardian and notarized. Upload PDF of signed waiver (available within the registration website) once complete. Non-minors can sign the waiver electronically
- Valid drivers’ licenses - For the drivers and reserve drivers (driver’s permits will NOT be accepted)
Phase IV - Off-Track Award Applications
January 31, 2014
Deadline for completion of Phase II
MARCH 10, 2014
Deadline for completion of Phase III
MARCH 31, 2014
“Drop out” deadline
Teams must inform event organizers if their plans have changed and if they no longer plan to participate in SEMA (or they will not be allowed to participate the following year).
April 10, 2014
Deadline for completion of Phase IV
APRIL 24 - 27, 2014
Shell Eco-marathon Americas 2014