Main content | back to top
Read details of the purpose, membership and terms of reference of Royal Dutch Shell plc committees.
Guy Elliott (Chairman)
Euleen Goh [A]
Linda G. Stuntz
[A] Chairman with effect from January 1, 2016.
The purpose of the Audit Committee is to:
- assist the Board of the Company (the “Board”) in fulfilling its responsibilities in relation to internal control and financial reporting, and carries out certain oversight functions on behalf of the Board.
View terms of reference for the Audit Committee below:
Corporate and Social Responsibility Committee
Hans Wijers (Chairman)
Sir Nigel Sheinwald
Patricia A. Woertz
The purpose of the Corporate and Social Responsibility Committee is to:
- assist the Board of Directors of the Company in reviewing the policies and conduct of the Shell Group of Companies with respect to the Shell General Business Principles (including Sustainable Development and the Health, Safety and Environment Policy), the Shell Code of Conduct and to major issues of public concern. The Committee also carries out certain oversight functions on behalf of the Board.
View terms of reference for the Corporate and Social Responsibility Committee below:
Nomination and Succession Committee
Charles O. Holliday (Chairman)
The purpose of the Nomination and Succession Committee is to:
- lead the process for appointments to the Board of Directors of the Company (the “Board”);
- make recommendations to the Board on all Board appointments and re-appointments;
- review and make recommendations to the Board on succession planning; and
- review and make recommendations to the Board on corporate governance guidelines.
View terms of reference for the Nomination and Succession Committee below:
Patricia A. Woertz
The purpose of the Remuneration Committee is to:
- determine and agree with the Board of Directors of the Company the remuneration policy for the Chairman, the Chief Executive Officer, Executive Directors and senior management of the Company.
- within the terms of such agreed policy, determine the individual remuneration package for the Chairman, the Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Directors; and
- monitor the structures and levels of remuneration for other senior executives and make recommendations if appropriate.
View terms of reference for the Remuneration Committee below: