Main content | back to top
Shell & Comment:Visions
Comment:Visions is a unique partnership between Shell, the global TV channel, euronews and Brussels-based newspaper, European Voice. Its aim is to encourage debate - via the Comment:Visions website and a series of Brussels-based events - on how we approach the environmental and energy challenges that we face.
Comment:Visions is aimed at senior stakeholders across the European Union. It provides a forum for Shell to better explain important energy issues and help drive debate among a range of experts. In the last six months, Shell has participated in three Comment:Visions live debates.
The debates have focused on important topics such as the prospects for a new international agreement on climate change following, the future of EU energy policy, and the outlook for future development and deployment of carbon capture and storage across Europe. Alongside representatives from Shell, some of the EU’s leading thinkers on energy policy have taken part in the panels. They include:
- Connie Hedegaard, Commissioner for Climate Action, European Commission
- Matthias Groote MEP, Chairman of the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety, European Parliament
- Tom Brookes, Director, Energy Strategy Centre, European Climate Foundation.
- Marie Donnelly, Director for Renewables, Energy Research and Innovation and Energy Efficiency, European Commission
- Chris Davies MEP, Rapporteur on carbon capture and storage
- Mark Johnston, Senior adviser on Energy, Environment and Climate Change, European Policy Centre
- Peter Vis, Head of Cabinet of Connie Hedegaard, European Climate Action Commissioner
- Romana Jordan MEP, Member of the Committee on Industry, Research and Energy, European Parliament.
- Jason Anderson, Head of EU and Climate Policy, WWF
Outputs from the debates are packaged into a series of vignettes which are available to download from the Comment:Visions website and via the links below. The conversation sparked at the debates is also continued online via a discussion forum.
Panel discussion on CCS in the European Parliament Copyright © 2013 European Voice
Panel Discussion on the EU and the carbon market Copyright © 2013 European Voice
Matthias Groote MEP and Connie Hedegaard Copyright © 2013 European Voice
Shell’s Dick Benschop sharing his thoughts on the EU’s post 2020 climate and energy policy Copyright © 2013 European Voice