Main content | back to top
Careers in Logistics
Logistics are responsible for providing strategic and operational management of logistical operations by supporting the Group Business’ globally in a safe, cost effective and efficient manner. This may include planning, preparation and execution of various logistical activities in support of project development, exploration, appraisal, production or associated activities.
Logistics specialists are indispensable for Shell’s operations. They can be involved in marine, aviation, land transport, supply base and waste management activities. Globally our people work within multi-cultural teams of logistics and operations staff, in remote locations, including tropical, desert or arctic conditions, meeting the logistics requirements of diverse customers (onshore, offshore, conventional and unconventional).
Meet the Global Discipline Head for Logistics
David Taylor is the Global Discipline Head and is based in Rijswijk, the Netherlands.
“As a discipline of around 400 Logistics professionals, we tend to work directly in the businesses ensuring the provision of safe and efficient logistics operations. Key areas you’ll connect with can include:
• Logistics service delivery including operational execution, HSSE and contract management, integrated activity planning, managing budgets and costs, managing Logistics IT systems,
• Development and/or implementation of Logistics plans, systems and policies,
• Project Execution and Operations Readiness to achieve flawless start-up and operational excellence,
• Logistics emergency response and oil spill preparedness and response,
• Maintaining relationships with internal and external contacts.
We are looking for degree or equivalently qualified Logistics staff, with experience in offshore and/or onshore Logistics operations. We expect you to have proven competences in projects, exploration, drilling and/or production logistics at supervisory level or above, combined with a broad understanding of the Upstream business. You should have good HSSE, operational execution and contractor management skills; well developed communication, people management and leadership skills; be able to manage complex stakeholder relationships and have a genuine interest in developing the competences of your staff”.