Driving the future of mobility
Shell Eco-marathon challenges student teams around the world to design, build and drive the most energy-efficient cars.
After a successful launch in 2014, Shell Eco-marathon came back to South Africa in 2015 and 2016 to see teams from South Africa and Nigeria take to the track to battle for ultimate energy efficiency.
In 2017, the competition is again hosted by the School of Electrical Engineering from the University of Johannesburg and takes place at the Zwartkops Raceway.
If you have any questions please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the competition
Shell Eco-marathon South Africa is a great opportunity:
- For inexperienced teams to practice and improve their vehicle in order to get selected for Shell Eco-marathon Europe 2018.
- For newcomers to present and test their project and above all experience the unique Shell Eco-marathon spirit with fellow competitors on a professional circuit.
- For experienced teams to fine tune their vehicles and strive to improve their personal bests.
Shell Eco-marathon South Africa runs under two sets of rules. Shell Eco-marathon 2016 Global Rules, Chapter I and Shell Eco-marathon South Africa Chapter II, with specific information about the event in South Africa.
Location and track
The competition will take place at the Zwartkops Raceway.
Register your team!
Team registration for Shell Eco-marathon South Africa is open! You can register by using the Team Registration website, and by simply selecting an existing team or entering a new name/team.
The registration process follows two simple phases:
- Phase 1: general and technical information about your team and vehicle.
- Phase 2: logistics and additional information about your team.
The competition is open for Prototype and UrbanConcept vehicles, in the gasoline, diesel, ethanol, battery electric and hydrogen categories. The number of spaces available for teams is limited so make sure to register your team as soon as possible.
Just remember: registration for Shell Eco-marathon South Africa or any other Shell Eco-marathon event is free of charge. You just need to get your team and vehicle ready to hit the track!
If you need more information please contact email@example.com.