Main content | back to top
Formul8* is a software package that predicts flexible slabstock polyurethane foam properties and costs from formulation input data.
Available exclusively to key CARADOL* polyol customers, the software can help to reduce much of the time-consuming calculations and trial and error development needed in making predictions about foam qualities.
Following training from a Shell Chemicals technical representative, Formul8 can be used to:
- develop new foam formulations
- calculate foam costs
- modify formulations to ensure consistent foam quality in variable climatic conditions
- select the lowest cost foam formulation to produce specific foam properties
- provide fire warnings associated with high risk formulations
- limit the processing problems associated with unsuitable formulations
Formul8 is available on a CD or is accessible via the Customer Lounge. It is available in eight different languages: English, French, Italian, German, Mandarin, Portuguese, Spanish and Dutch.
Software updates are available to:
- optimise foam formulations to obtain specified foam properties
- customise the database with input from the customer's slabstock machinery to maximise the accuracy of prediction
- ease the introduction of new CARADOL grades
How do I find out more?
If you are a slabstock foam manufacturer who could benefit from the powerful formulation capabilities of Formul8, and you are an existing or potential customer for polyether polyols from Shell chemicals companies, we would like to hear from you.
Formul8 has been developed to provide prediction of physical properties of Urethane foam from known Shell Chemicals formulation ingredients, and should only be used for such purpose.