Main content | back to top
Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the www.shell.com/chemicals site. This web site is owned and operated by Shell Chemicals Limited, a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 00228931 whose registered office is at Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA. Visitors to this web site are bound by the following terms and conditions so please read these carefully before going on. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, "this web site" means the www.shell.com/chemicals site, which links to other Shell web sites.
Other Shell web sites may contain terms and conditions which are different from these terms and conditions. On your journey around the Shell web sites please check the terms and conditions of each web site which you visit and do not assume that these terms and conditions apply to all Shell web sites.
- Shell companies have their own separate identities but in this web site we may sometimes use "Shell", "Group, "we" or "us" when we refer to Shell companies in general or where no useful purpose is served by identifying any particular Shell company.
- This web site may include links to external web sites. These links are provided in order to help you find relevant web sites, services and/or products which may be of interest to you quickly and easily. It is your responsibility to decide whether any services and/or products available through any of these web sites are suitable for your purposes. Shell Chemicals Limited is not responsible for the owners or operators of these web sites or for any goods or services they supply or for the content of their web sites and does not give or enter into any conditions, warranties or other terms or representations in relation to any of these or accept any liability in relation to any of these (including any liability arising out of any claim that the content of any external web site to which this web site includes a link infringes the intellectual property rights of any third party).
- All information or advice provided as part of this web site is intended to be general in nature and you should not rely on it in connection with the making of any decision. Shell Chemicals Limited tries to ensure that all information provided as part of this web site is correct at the time of inclusion on the web site but does not guarantee the accuracy of such information. Shell Chemicals Limited is not liable for any action you may take as a result of relying on such information or advice or for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of you taking this action.
Terms and Conditions
- This web site contains material including text, photographs and other images, software and sound, which is protected by copyright and/or other intellectual property rights. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in this material are either owned by Shell Chemicals Limited or have been licensed to it by the owner(s) of those rights so that it can use this material as part of this web site.
- This web site also contains trade marks, including the mark "Shell" and the Shell emblem. All trade marks included on this web site belong to Shell Chemicals Limited or have been licensed to it by the owner(s) of those trade marks for use on this web site.
- access any part of the web site;
- print off one copy of any or all of the pages for your own personal reference;
- use approved imagery and the image library in the manner described below.
You may not
- copy (whether by printing off onto paper, storing on disk, downloading or in any other way), distribute (including distributing copies), broadcast, alter or tamper with in any way or otherwise use any material contained in the web site except as set out under "You may". These restrictions apply in relation to all or part of the material on the web site;
- remove any copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property notices contained in the original material from any material copied or printed off from the web site;
- link to this web site; without our express written consent
- If you wish to provide a hypertext or other link to this web site, please contact the site editor at firstname.lastname@example.org with details of:
1. The URL(s) of the web page(s) from which you are proposing to link to this web site
2. The URL(s) of the web page(s) on this web site to which you are proposing to link.
and we will consider your request. It is our decision as to whether we agree to your request and we do not have to do so.
Changes to Terms and Conditions
- Shell Chemicals Limited may change the terms and conditions and disclaimer set out above from time to time. By browsing this web site you are accepting that you are bound by the current terms and conditions and disclaimer and so you should check these each time you revisit the site.
Changes to/Operation of Web Site
- Shell Chemicals Limited may change the format and content of this web site at any time.
- Shell Chemicals Limited may suspend the operation of this web site for support or maintenance work, in order to update the content or for any other reason.
- Shell Chemicals Limited reserves the right to terminate access to this web site at any time and without notice.
Imagery and Image Library
- Shell does not object to the use of approved imagery of our people/products/plants in advertising, on documentation, in books and other printed matter, on video tape, in software applications, on World Wide Web pages, or in television programs/commercials/movies so long as the use is not unlawful or disparaging.
- Provided you adhere to the following guidelines, no further written permission is required:
- You may not disparage Shell or Shell Chemicals Limited or any of its people/products/plants in your use of our imagery.
- You may not use our product(s), product name(s), corporate name, imagery or other copyrighted material in a way that would indicate Shell Chemicals Limited sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement.
- You are only authorized to use imagery within the image library. For all other images on the web site express consent by Shell Chemicals Limited must first be given. You can seek this consent by contacting email@example.com. You may NOT alter, use portions of the graphics, artwork, or imagery in any way except to resize to fit your needs.
- Access to the online image library is subject to registration and adherence to these terms and conditions.
- The copyright attribution must state: "Reprinted with permission from Shell Chemicals Limited".
- These terms and conditions are governed by and to be interpreted in accordance with English law and in the event of any dispute arising in relation to these terms and conditions or any dispute arising in relation to the web site whether in contract or tort or otherwise the English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over such dispute.