We create and make available new technology for finding and developing oil and gas fields. We design, engineer and construct projects that turn oil and gas fields into profitable assets and that convert natural gas and crude oil into marketable products. We formulate new blends of fuels, lubricants and other products to meet ever more demanding customer requirements. We conceive new technologies and more efficient processes to mass produce the petrochemical building blocks of modern life. And we work with suppliers and contractors to keep Shell’s external costs competitive and to extend a strong safety record. Our work is intended to make Shell’s operations better, faster, cheaper and safer than those of its competitors. For that reason, Shell expects a lot from us if it is to achieve its aspiration to be the world’s most competitive and innovative energy company.
The Projects business unit takes the engineering concepts selected for major projects and turns them into reality. It manages virtually all aspects of a project’s execution: engineering, procurement, construction and commissioning. During this time, it is responsible for the project’s performance as measured along the key dimensions of safety, cost, delivery schedule and technical integrity.
The SURF (Subsea, Umbilical, Risers and Flowline) group in P&T Deepwater Projects is responsible for the delivery of subsea technology solutions for all major deepwater projects in the Americas region including the Gulf of Mexico and Brazil as well as in emerging deepwater basins in French Guinea, Canada and others. The SURF group also serves as a Center of Excellence for deepwater subsea technology development and deployment in projects across the Shell world.
The primary purpose of this position is to support 1) offshore execution of vessel and rig-based subsea hardware installation activities, and/or 2) delivery and maintenance of the suite of rig-based intervention system equipment. The specific responsibilities are focused on installation operations and equipment delivery of the installation/intervention hardware within an overall deep water project environment.
Key accountabilities include:
- Support the integration testing, installation, and commissioning of subsea hardware including procedure development, onsite supervision, and coordination of technical and logistical interface issues between disciplines and suppliers
- Support delivery of $75 mln suite of hardware installation and intervention equipment including onsite supervision, project management and coordination and resolution of technical and commercial issues
- HSE management including proactive hazard identification and mitigation
- Track and report cost and delivery schedule of the scope of work
SURF (Subsea, Umbilicals, Risers & Flowlines) is currently leading the delivery of several multi-billion dollar subsea projects. These projects range from the early Select phase to post-FID (Final Investment Decision) Execution. A critical success factor for the successful delivery of these Projects (including screening, delivery, operation and HSSE) involves effective analysis, design, selection, and application of subsea production systems and flow lines. The Subsea engineer on these projects plays a central role in:
- Liases between contractors, staff, and project managers for effective communication and planning.
- Review spectifications and input on design of subsea production systems while maintaining a strong focus on safety, functionality, and affordability.
- Sourcing goods and services for the successful delivery of projects.
- Interfacing between contractors and sub-contractors to efficiently carry out work safely, on schedule, and within budget.
- Support offshore installation operations on site (Vessel, Rig, or Platform)
- Support activities at contractor sites for new and refurbished equipment. Engage contractors in work to ensure safety.
- Review and lead safe work plans for subsea equipment handling and installation.
Subsea Engineers are responsible for the design and installation of equipment and structures below the surface of the sea.
- Provides technical and engineering support and guidance to offshore or on site teams.
- Manages the installation of wellheads on the seabed and the flowlines joining them to the platform.
- Management of all subsea workscopes related to an asset, including the management of contractors/suppliers for the workscope.
- Produces budgets and plans for specific studies or modifications and manage the cost control process.
|Study Level(s)||Discipline/Major||Minimum cumulative GPA|
|Bachelors or Masters||Mechanical Engineering||30|