Materials and corrosion knowledge are the foundation and the building blocks to increase productivity, production consistency and decrease degradation of the materials for all Shell assets. The charter of the department is to advance Shells strategic objectives by being the foremost provider of knowledge and services to implement cost effective, high quality materials.
- There is a vacancy in the area of polymers & composites for a motivated individual who is able to work both as part of a team but also independently.
- The job entails developing the polymer and composite portfolio towards next generation. Facilitating exchange of knowledge and best practice across the whole Shell is an important aspect of the job.
- The successful candidate will be educated to degree level in an engineering discipline or material science technical area. The candidate should show drive, initiative and enjoying problem solving.
- Degree in chemical engineering, materials science/engineering or physics (advanced degree preferred. Experience of polymer and composite is a pre, as is knowledge of project-management.
- Well developed communication skills, as the candidate should deliver by leading activities with participation of team members from other Shell organizations and to represent Shell in technology forums.
- Strong ability for idea generation and excellent judgment in materials technology.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Highly motivated