Expertise and Leadership
Shell is a recognised industry leader in environmental Trading markets. Our experienced and dedicated Environmental Trading team combines knowledge of environmental Trading with strong commercial expertise, which results in a proven track record of delivered solutions for diverse portfolio of clients all over the world including:
- Almost a decade of experience and proven risk management capabilities in the environmental Trading marketplace in Europe.
- We are active in Asia and the US.
- An environmental Trading team of professionals strategically centered in 6 cities (London, Singapore, Houston, Dubai, Beijing and Tokyo), which allows us to provide the best service to our global customer base.
- 14 Gas & Power marketing offices to keep us close to our regional European customers (London, Stavanger, Oslo, Copenhagen, The Hague, Hamburg, Madrid, Milan, Paris, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest, Ankara, Kiev).
- Shell was the first company to execute a trade in European Union Allowances (EUAs) and more recently, the first company to trade US federal CO2 compliance futures contracts on the Chicago Climate Futures Exchange.
- Shell has worked with Governments, regulators and industry assocations around the world to help design the environmental regulatory programmes and are regular speakers at industry conferences.
Diverse Product Portfolio
Shell offers access to almost every environmental Trading market in the world. Our product and service offering covers a wide range of solutions, and can be tailored to the needs of individual customers.
We are able to assist our customers in each of these markets:
- European Union Emissions Trading Scheme (EU ETS).
- Kyoto markets such as Clean Development Mechanism (CDM) and Joint Implementation (JI).
- Other European compliance markets such as UK ETS, and Dutch NOx.
- Emerging carbon markets, including Australian CPRS, NZ ETS, and various North American markets.
- Renewable energy markets for both voluntary needs and compliance programs, including Renewable Energy Credits (RECs), Renewable Obligation Certificates (ROCs) and Guarantees of Origin (GOOs).
- Various US regional NOx markets, including the northeast SIP call program, the Houston/Galveston Area NOx Emission Allowance program and the South Coast Air Quality Management District Regional Clean Air Incentives Market (RECLAIM).
The diversity of our Environmental Trading Solutions can be best seen in the solutions we offer to our customers, which range from fast, direct Trading executions to a combination of risk management solutions tailored to help customers meet their strategic objectives.
Shell Trading is an esstential, integral component of Royal Dutch Shell value chain and one of the largest energy trading networks in the world. We are able to provide strategic environmental Trading solutions underpinned by our financial strength and robust control and compliance procedures including:
- Strong liquidity position.
- Robust controls framework.
- Focused risk management.