Our move to SAP Ariba will:
- Simplify, automate and digitise the purchase-to-pay cycle in Shell
- Allow us and our suppliers to transact electronically making the process simpler, more accurate, transparent, and efficient
- Allow suppliers to attend online sourcing/tender events
- Enable Shell employees to order from supplier-provided web catalogs
We are linking some of our Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems to the SAP Ariba Business Network. This will allow us to move to a business collaborating model; transacting electronically (e.g. Purchase Orders & Invoices) will soon be a standard part of doing business with Shell.
As well as a simplified, automated, and digitised purchase-to-pay cycle, Shell’s suppliers who move to the Ariba network will benefit from:
- A more efficient, simpler and quicker pay cycle with less administrative tasks
- Improved payment visibility and timing
- Business growth opportunities via the Ariba Network
This short video provides the suppliers' perspective; what it has meant to them to join the SAP Ariba Network to be able to transact electronically with Shell.
Learn more about our move to Ariba, the timeline, and what suppliers should expect - in this Information Pack.
From November 2017, you may be invited (via email) to join an e-tender or another event via the SAP Ariba Network. You will receive an initial registration email.
- will contain the SAP Ariba logo
- will contain a contact address for a person at Shell in this format: