Shell Rapid Lubricants Onboard Alert is a portable device that provides on-board measurement and recording of the metallic iron (Fe) content ofoils and greases to help you to identify and replace worn parts before they cause engine and equipment failure.
Immediate onboard results at your fingertips
It could not be easier. Simply place a sample in a standard Shell Rapid Lubricants Analysis bottle in the compact unit and use the intuitive touch screen to obtain a reading in seconds.
Used regularly, Shell Rapid Lubricants Onboard Alert will give you sets of trend data showing the levels of wear in all your critical equipment and machinery. In this way, you can take instant action when the Shell Rapid Lubricants Onboard Alert results warn you of a potential breakdown.
Shell Rapid Lubricants Onboard Alert also helps you to plan preventive maintenance, thereby reducing equipment downtime and increasing operational profitability.
- Easy to use, with a simple, intuitive, touch-screen menu that provides visual trending
- Adjustable warning limits that can be set by the user
- Portable, rugged and reliable – no moving parts
- No calibration required – simply insert the standard bottles with specified Fe content supplied with the device to verify the accuracy
- Uses the Shell Rapid Lubricants Analysis sample bottle, which is simple to dispatch to the nearest Shell laboratory for further testing
- Can be used with all types of oil and grease
The easy way to
- detect premature wear
- avoid unexpected breakdowns
- reduce equipment downtime
- increase operational profitability
Which equipment is suitable for Shell Rapid Lubricants Onboard Alert?
Use Shell Rapid Lubricants Onboard Alert to spot early signs of wear and tear in, for example:
- offshore, exploration and production equipment
- low-speed diesel engines
- medium-speed diesel engines
- critical hydraulic systems
- auxiliary engines
- gear boxes
Shell Rapid Lubricants Onboard Alert is a joint development between Shell Marine Products, a leading provider of lubricants and technical support services, and Kittiwake (now part of Parker Hannifin), a machinery condition monitoring and fuel and lubricant analysis company. Shell Marine Products is committed to delivering innovative technology that helps its customers to lower their operational costs and improve the reliability of their on-board equipment.
By using Shell Rapid Lubricants Onboard Alert aboard your ship, you will benefit from Shell Marine Product’s deep technical knowledge, excellent understanding of customer needs, which is based on over 100 years of industry-leading experience, and a global network of local experts dedicated to providing you with the highest standard of customer service.