Shell Tixophalte has been used by construction industry professionals, tradesmen, builders and DIY enthusiasts for over 20 years. Formulated from carefully selected components based on rubber-modified bitumen, it is easy to apply and is designed to offer long-lasting protection and waterproofing. It is also formulated for high resistance to movement, weathering, chemicals and other environmental factors.
- Ready-to-use and easy to apply
- Excellent direct adhesion, sticks directly to most wet surfaces and most building materials including concrete, metals, glass and most plastics
- Applicable under water, ideal for damp and wet conditions during application and over its life-time
- Protection against rust, damp and corrosion
- Meets the ISO11600 standard which defines the physical properties of building sealants including anticipated movement;
- Long shelf life in aluminium cartridges (at least three years)
Whatever the scale of a project, be it sealing entire large scale building projects or simply repairing your home’s roof, it is ideal for:
- Sealing leaks and making repairs, even on wet surfaces
- Adhering all types of roofing felts
- Waterproofing overlaps, connections and joints of roof edges, chimneys, light domes and bushings for exhaust pipes
- Fixing rainwater drain systems to the roof
- Connecting damp courses and other waterproofing wall details
Shell Tixophalte’s advanced wet-weather and underwater properties make it ideal for waterproofing cracks and joints in wet and underwater conditions.
- Waterways, canals
- Water storage reservoirs
- Hydraulic power stations.
What’s more, it is thixotropic, which means it can be applied to steep and even vertical slopes without run-off.