Shell Bitumen - leading the way in bitumen
For over 90 years Shell has been a leader in bitumen solutions and has developed a broad portfolio of product and service offerings customised to the needs of the road, roofing and airport sectors and some specialty applications. Our commitment to continued innovation and providing pre- and post-sale technical support to customers is evidenced by our investment in an extensive network of technical experts based in our world-class R&D centre, three solution centres and in the field.
All products supplied through our network undergo robust quality testing and assurance to help our customers deliver on their commitments. Shell Bitumen’s products have been used to pave some of the world’s most iconic infrastructure projects, including the runways at some of the world’s busiest airports, Formula One™ race tracks and landmark roads and bridges around the world.
- Serving the bitumen industry since 1920
- We supply enough bitumen to resurface 450 km of road every day; that’s enough to travel around the world four times in one year
- Leaders in innovation – 49 active patents linked to bitumen and asphalt
Global reach, local touch:
- 9 bitumen manufacturing facilities across 5 continents
- Worldwide network of 25 terminals operating with Shell’s industry leading standards with ~300KT of storage capacity
- Multimodal logistics capability involving trucks, railcars, barges and marine
- One of the largest dedicated R&D centres in the world
- Professional Sales and Technical team on the ground to serve our customers